soaking wet behind passenger seat (USA drivers seat) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > soaking wet behind passenger seat (USA drivers seat)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Andy1969
1995 YJ Wrangler 

soaking wet behind passenger seat (USA drivers seat)

Hi guys

I have got a pool of water behind the passenger seat, my Jeep is a UK RHD, so it would be the USA drivers side, I originally thought it was the hardtop seals but the only water is right behind the seat on the floor the carpet in the rear at the sides of the rear seats is bone dry. I think it could be the door seal, what do you guys think. If it is the door seal, have you guys changed a door seal, what's involved etc I have full steel doors on my YJ, thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

Unread 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
beakerbload
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Could be a floor drain plug out if you've been barreling through some puddles. Pull the carpet up and see if it's missing or loose.
beakerbload is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
willawolfe
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have no carpeting and only a hard top that comes off from may till, well, last week. I consistently let it rain on my jeep. If I park any way but facing down in the bow when it rains the water pools behind the seats. Only till I get underway and head downhill or hit the brakes the water goes forward and drains. There are no drains behind the seats. So I doubt your getting road water up from underneath in that location, unless of course the floor is rotten away. I am going to install drains in the floor behind my seats.
But yes water from puddles do splash up thru the floor drains forward in the cab, also when on highway in rainy conditions.
willawolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Andy1969
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies guys, my drain hole plugs are all in place and the floor is immaculate, no rust anywhere. The front carpet is dry, it is localized to behind the seat

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.