SOA to SUA??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SOA to SUA???

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #31
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry, any place that makes a "bolt on SOA kit" loses me right away.
Not to mention the FACT that if your leaf springs ride higher due to the perches or leaf packs, that driver side tie rod is going to hit the pack etc. Looks like the main way that their kit will work is by using their "bolt on SOA kit". Not for me, sorry.
Look at that steering kit, then look at most front ends that have had a SOA job done to them. Wont look as peachy then IMHO.
Probably works good for SOME setups, but certainly not all setups.
We could have flipped the tie rod on Daves, but the Old Man Emu springs have a flat spot on the bottom of them that can interfere with the tie rod when flexed.
I like to make the stuff, to both save some coin and make it to suit my exact needs. That kit would hit the spring plates or U bolts on my setup, and I would never think twice of using a cheaper spring perch or U bolt just to run their steering.
Just my .02, but when you look into the products themselves, the sales crap starts to look a little tainted most of the time doesnt it?

Martin

2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #32
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftlanetruckin View Post
Sorry, any place that makes a "bolt on SOA kit" loses me right away.
Not to mention the FACT that if your leaf springs ride higher due to the perches or leaf packs, that driver side tie rod is going to hit the pack etc. Looks like the main way that their kit will work is by using their "bolt on SOA kit". Not for me, sorry.
Look at that steering kit, then look at most front ends that have had a SOA job done to them. Wont look as peachy then IMHO.
Probably works good for SOME setups, but certainly not all setups.
We could have flipped the tie rod on Daves, but the Old Man Emu springs have a flat spot on the bottom of them that can interfere with the tie rod when flexed.
I like to make the stuff, to both save some coin and make it to suit my exact needs. That kit would hit the spring plates or U bolts on my setup, and I would never think twice of using a cheaper spring perch or U bolt just to run their steering.
Just my .02, but when you look into the products themselves, the sales crap starts to look a little tainted most of the time doesnt it?

Martin
thats a steering kit not a SOA kit... you bolt there adapter to your steering knuckle so you get a true over the top steering configuration..

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #33
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yes I saw that.
I said "any place that makes a bolt on soa kit" which they do. You can see it in those pictures, and in their web store
They used to advertise on Fleaby a lot, don't know if they still do or not.
Like I said, any place that thinks a bolt on SOA kit is the bee's knee's loses me right off the bat I'm afraid.

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324622

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.