soa in rear how high? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > soa in rear how high?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
rcracer8
1992 YJ Wrangler 

soa in rear how high?

i have the procomp csc and i want to put a 8.8 in so i was going to go soa leafspring rear i was thinking of using waggy springs but i was thinking that would be higher than my front heres a pic theese are 31s by the way

Unread 04-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes going SOA is going to be taller in the rear than the front. With a SOA you are going to gain around 5 " of lift with stock springs.
By the way I think the price of Aluminum is up.
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
youngYJ95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not really sure but I would think that you could use coil spacers in the front since you wanna keep those. It would level out quite nice probably.
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
themoz

How much lift is the coil conversion? It looks like about 4" over stock but pictures never tell the whole story, how old it is, etc.

SOA 8.8 vs. SUA D35 is a good 6-7" taller because the 8.8 axle tube is thicker and the SOA mounts (i.e. the "antiwrap" ones) are sometimes quite a bit taller than the stockers too. I think a waggy spring is 1-2" taller than a YJ spring as well so its probably gonna be a little taller back there, maybe 2-3" or so from the looks of things.

The axle wrap sucks with SOA unless you add an anti-wrap bar. You will break stuff without one if you are hard on it. Lotta pinion motion just doing basic accelerating and braking on the street without one.
themoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
rcracer8
1992 YJ Wrangler 

what if i do sua with waggy springs probly too low,would need shackles, the procomp is supposed to be 5"

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.