Soa conversion Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soa conversion Question

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
tjalmeida
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Soa conversion Question

hi everyone, i was looking through craigslist and came across a jeep with a good front axel that is already SOA. If i were to buy the axel do i need to do anything else to make my yj SOA or is that all i need?

Thanks
Tyler

tjalmeida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
justanotherjpr

If the front axle is already set up for SOA you will need to SOA or lift your rear to match. You'll also need new shocks, brake lines, SYE, and steering. Consider also adding a leaf to your springs to prevent them from getting ruined. Really depends on how much you get from the donor Jeep. SOA conversions are not cheap.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

If I were you I would read some posts here before asking something like that.

This has been covered way too many times for anyone to try and explain it to you.

I suggest searching for "SOA" in the technical forums. This should yield plenty of useful information.
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
hondacr21
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you will need to SOA your rear axle and depending on what is done to the front axle steering might need to be dealt with it depends on how they did it. Will need a SYE and CV rear driveshaft. Shocks will be needed.
1995 Sahara, Borla header, Rear stretch 103" wheelbase, Sniper Fab Comp Corners with 3" flare, SOA with .75" SL, 2 1/2" Rancho lift on 37"s MTR's on 15x8 eagle alloys. JB4x4 steering bracket, M.O.R.E., 8.8 with limited slip and 4.10's, AA SYE, modified XJ front driveshaft, Superwinch EPi 9.0, homemade boatsides, 6 point cage.
hondacr21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.