SOA conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SOA conversion

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 11-12-2001, 08:00 AM   #1
JACKED

SOA conversion

I have a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body. I have 35's but rub alittle when flexed. Im going to put on TJ flares but i also want to do a SOA conv. do u think this will put my center of gravity to high and how much more lift can i expect from the conv. ? -thanx-

Unread 11-12-2001, 03:52 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

If you are planning on staying with the stock axles and staying with 35" tires, I would say remove the body lift and do the spring over.

Bushwacker has an awesome new cutout fender flare which looks like you could run 33" tires on stock suspension .. with the 4" suspension lift, you could remove the body lift and cutout the fenders .. and still fit your 35" tires ..

Lots of options .. which way would you like to go?

Now .. if you are looking for bigger than 35" tires, I would say cut out the fenders, do the spring over and change your axles to Dana 44's or Dana 60's .. and then run 38" to 40" tires!
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2001, 05:15 PM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Got a link on these new flares?
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2001, 07:25 PM   #4
Keymaster

Hey, just working off of what NaeKid said about those Bushwacker fender flares...does anyone know if you can really fit 33's underneath of those with no lift. Obviously you would want some more lift, but will they fit without rubbing to death. I am looking for something I can do myself to gain some clearance and I have seen these fender flares and I think they really set a Jeep off. I wouldn't hesitate to get some if they would allow 33's.

Looking for a YJ!
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2001, 01:50 PM   #5
Cody_91YJ

First, how often do you see the trails? If you plan on staying with 35s for a while, I'd start looking into an axle swap for the rear before you SOA. The D35 is gonna cause you problems before the lack of SOA will.

If you want to keep your axles stock but still SOA and stick with 35" tires. Find some stock springs and throw an extra leaf in them of use an add-a-leaf. With 4" springs you'll have WAY to just lift for 35s.

If you do decide to SOA with the 4"ers, plan on an SYE if you haven't done that already and some good custom driveshafts because your going to have some extreme driveline angles. You could run 38.5s but then you'll need to swap your front and rear axles for sure if you ever take it off the pavement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.