SOA about to begin - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SOA about to begin

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 12-23-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
z71offroader

SOA about to begin

Well im getting really close to doing the soa on my 93 yj. but it doesnt look like ima have the money right now to do the axles tho. do yall think i can drive it every so often on the street with it on 35x14.5 boggers without the upgraded axles and all? im thinkin if im takin it easy on the street with the stock gears and limited slip it shouldnt stress nething to bad. but once i do have the money mayb in a month i will be putting a super 35 kit in the rear and 4:88 gears in it.

Also about the SOA i want to make sure i get everything i need before i start. Im using the Rubicon Express kit with there 1.5" spring over springs. so i should be around 7" of lift. but my big question is about the driveshafts and all. im pretty sure that ima need a new rear cv style drive shaft with a SYE correct? where can i get a good driveshaft and SYE? and the SYE goes onto the T-case correct?

Thanks for yalls help

z71offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you take it easy you should be fine, about the CV Sye, the answer is yes.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
z71offroader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed
If you take it easy you should be fine, about the CV Sye, the answer is yes.
Thanks, where would be a good place to buy a cv driveshaft or SYE? i know that r.e makes a cv but idn if it is the correct one for the application and i also saw one on jcwhitney.com made by omix that is for a 3" lift or more. but havent seen a sye.

Last edited by z71offroader; 12-23-2005 at 11:19 PM..
Unread 12-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
instg8tor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

easy answer, maybe

the quickest (read $$) would be to go too tom woods for your cv & sye. They've got package deals. The cheaper method would be to look around the net for a good sale on a sye. I don't expect you should pay more than $200.00 for the sye. Don't get the hack 'n' tap!!

For a cheaper CV shaft go find yourself a front d/s from a TJ and get it chopped down.
instg8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
BudmanV6

Instead of getting a super 35 kit I would get an 8.8, they're stronger than even a dana 44. I have one and love it. Besides having stronger shafts than the 44, it has a bigger, stronger ring and pinion, carrier, and housing. Plus, disc brakes, and if you wanna temporarilly get 4.10 gears so it more streetable you can easily find one with that ratio in a junk yard. You could probaly even sell the gears on ebay later on down the road when you swap ratios. Some other things you also need to consider are shocks, and upgrading your steering.
1992 Wrangler Sahara, 4.0L, 5spd, RE 4.5 XD lift, Fox remote reservoir shox, 33x12.5-15 BFGoodrich All-Terrains, 15x8 black rock crawlers, JK rubicon pneumatic swaybar, JKS quick disconnect track bar, Teraflex HD SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Ford 8.8 w/ 4.10 gears and arb locker, D30 w/ 4.11 gears and arb locker, York 210R OBA w/ Kilby mount, Dynomax Ultra Flow SS muffler, Alterstart 165A alternator, TJ flares, and Poison Spyder rocker knockers.
BudmanV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #6
z71offroader

Quote:
Originally Posted by instg8tor
the quickest (read $$) would be to go too tom woods for your cv & sye. They've got package deals. The cheaper method would be to look around the net for a good sale on a sye. I don't expect you should pay more than $200.00 for the sye. Don't get the hack 'n' tap!!
For a cheaper CV shaft go find yourself a front d/s from a TJ and get it chopped down.
ive heard about tom woods and need to look into them. do they have a site? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudmanV6
Instead of getting a super 35 kit I would get an 8.8, they're stronger than even a dana 44. I have one and love it. Besides having stronger shafts than the 44, it has a bigger, stronger ring and pinion, carrier, and housing. Plus, disc brakes, and if you wanna temporarilly get 4.10 gears so it more streetable you can easily find one with that ratio in a junk yard. You could probaly even sell the gears on ebay later on down the road when you swap ratios. Some other things you also need to consider are shocks, and upgrading your steering.
i was considering doing the 8.8 or dana 44, but im not going to be doing any rock crawling just mudding and on the street. and i priced it all out and found out it would probably cost me more to go that route. and yes i forgot to add that im going with bilstein 5100 shocks. and i probably will upgrade with a better steering stabilizer. and brands to stick with or not to even consider? what all would u look at upgrading on the steering? the r.e kits comes with a drop pitman arm. i might do a ram hydro steer later on, but probably wont be for a while. Thanks
Unread 12-24-2005, 12:54 AM   #7
Jeepinjoshwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71offroader
ive heard about tom woods and need to look into them. do they have a site? thanks
http://www.4xshaft.com/, Give DC a pm, you can find him in the vendor's section, hes got the best price on the HD tera sye and Tom Woods D/S.
[CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR]95 YJ 4.0 AX15 [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] 231 w/ Teraflex HD SYE [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] Woody Shaft [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] BDS 4.5" lift [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] 33X12.50 BFG M/T [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] D30 + 8.8 LS w/ 4.10 [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Jeepinjoshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #8
z71offroader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinjoshwa
http://www.4xshaft.com/, Give DC a pm, you can find him in the vendor's section, hes got the best price on the HD tera sye and Tom Woods D/S.
Alright Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.