soa 4 inch springss - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > soa 4 inch springss

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #31
CreepyCrawler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

do stock yj spring soa and drop fullwidths. kep it locog

CreepyCrawler95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #32
ausra15
1991 YJ Wrangler 

well high steer wont be bad to do its just brackets right? and what do you do for mml? just bigger mounts? and the anti wrap perches? whats the best ones? and what about the front drive shaft? will i need a longer one like for the rear?
32" MTR's
diamond plate rockers
custom chrome bumper red diff covers and a ton of lights
ausra15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #33
CreepyCrawler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well if you do 4" springs youll need high steer going soa anyways. i am stock soa and wish i had high steer. the drive isnt bad but it could be better
CreepyCrawler95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #34
trippleb
1988 YJ Wrangler 

By the time you do the high steer setup with all the tie rod ends ( go one ton) DOM tubeing, Knuckle machining, Steering Arms you will be looking at close to $700-$900

A SYE and CV Drive shaft can run you any where from $450-800

New Spring Perches/Shocks/Extended Brake Lines/U-Bolts/ect. can run you between $300 - up

Then after all that and you want bigger tires you'll need to regear, gear setups run between $600-$1000 for front and rear.

Will have to something with the rear axle because it wont hold up to the bigger rubbers. 8.8 or Dana 44 - $200 up

Not trying to steer you away but just letting you know that if you want everything done correctly and safely look at realisticaly spending upwards of $2000. It really is the little things that get you and you have to decide if it is practical for you.

Good Luck
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:58 AM   #35
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Search the FAQ section for a compiled list of items to consider for an SOA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I went with the 1.5" RE SOA designed springs and could easily prefer an inch shorter.
I agree and I am running the same springs SOA.

I came across these two Wranglers about 25 yards apart on the same trail in Moab and left me worrying about my rear axle for the rest of the trip and was enough for me to swap in a D44. As you can see they are not huge tires by any means.. Dana35

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #36
parkerm26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

In other words it will cost you a ton of money. i was planning on doing this with a ford 9" and D44 front but i decided it was too much money for me. i got the axle and tires and was on my way but my budget was 3000 for all of the following-
-gears. alone they are 200-400 per axle. then they need to be installed. thats usually about 100-200 each and thats if you dont need a different carrier.
-axles (and rebuilding them piece by piece if you want them to be nice and less maintenance) maybe 200 for an axle but plan about 500 for brake lines, brakes u joins, seals and bearings, paint, perches and more stuff.
-the high steer that ive heard good things about is JB4x4 bracket and drag link. 220
-JB super short SYE (ordered mine 10 mins ago) 325
-Tom woods drive shaft. 200
Thats about 2500 if you dont include wheels and tires. i got 36's 50% used off craigslist for 275 and just sold them for 350. bargin for used stuff you'll save money on axles and maybe tires
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #37
parkerm26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
He wanted to know what he was in for with his plan. That obviously includes what is needed technically, which is how you see it.

Since a ride that tall is on the more extreme end of lifting a Jeep and the OP gave no indication of why he chose to do that other than he already had the springs, offering concern is appropriate. He also never came back in subsequent replies to indicate he was already aware of the concerns. TMI is better than rolling over.
if you didnt read before you clicked this is a technical forum. not a "well i think its going to be too ..." forum. thats wat general discussion is for. no matter how stupid you think this is, its technical.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.