SOA+4.5"=??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SOA+4.5"=???

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-25-2002, 03:54 AM   #16
cj7traildriver

Geez dude 4.5 lift spring's plus a SOA. SOA is spring over axle if you don't know and that alone is a 5.5 inch lift you add 4.5 to that you will have 10 inches of lift can yah fit 36 inch tires yeah and with room to spare plus will have many drive line issue not to mention axle wrap issues. For a daily driven rig, you can go 36 lol but dude isn't going to ride or handle anything like it does now. When tires get larger then 30's they don't tend to ride well meaning can be balanced perfect but will still shake bounce whatever. You'r talking about a short wheel based light jeep. Im not tryen to talk you out of it just informing so not suprised, and there are other issue's then I listed or the guys above listed modifying is a world of it's own.

Unread 06-25-2002, 08:18 AM   #17
ScratchingWezel

ya I know how ruff they are my friend has a 97 with 35's on it. I am preparied.
Unread 06-25-2002, 02:21 PM   #18
YJ_90

If all your trying to accomplish is running the 36" swamps then just do a spring over and call it good. But don't waste your money on buying a kit. All you need is new spring perches, Extended brake lines, a drop pitman arm, a SYE kit, and a CV driveshaft. I also know plenty of people who run 38's and larger with a spring-over and 2.5" lift springs. But if ya wanna go real large buy a 4.5".
I also highly recommend getting new axles, the 44's you talked about would be perfect. no need for a 60. Hell since your spending all that money drop a V-8 into the mix.
Member #26-Black Jeep Club

"Get the Strap"
YJ_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 06:24 PM   #19
bigblueyj

no need for 4.5'' spring plus soa to keep the c.o.g. down. Flat fender the front hack out the back or rear tj flares and i look at bds 2.5'' springs that be right for 36's
bigblueyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #20
ScratchingWezel

Thank you for all the advice i think i will go for the 2.5" and the tj style fenders. Thank You

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.