So, i rolled it - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So, i rolled it

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #76
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Brandon. I am thankful for that small tree. It would have been bad if it wasnt there. There was also a tree trunk the bumper was on. You cant see it in the pictures, but it stopped me from moving closer to that high voltage electrical pole. I couldnt even believe I didnt even bust a mirror or the KC lights.

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Life is no fun unless, you take the path with the most resistance. -ME-
H_Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #77
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Reading this thread helped me realize I am also missing the transmission mount underneath my '93... my skid plate looks the same as yours - nothing bolted through! Guess I will be buying a new mount and installing soon.

Glad you survived - I am sure your Jeep has character now!

KCCO no matter what life throws your way!
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 02:57 AM   #78
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

After reading your statement I would say you where at fault (65%). Just by the indication of all the lane changes. In heavy traffic you maintain one lane in your direction of travel. I'm sure this will be the way the courts will see it.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 03:17 AM   #79
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Doesn't make much sense to give them a verbal telling of the story then a written up letter when the first person said the verbal statement was enough.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #80
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
After reading your statement I would say you where at fault (65%). Just by the indication of all the lane changes. In heavy traffic you maintain one lane in your direction of travel. I'm sure this will be the way the courts will see it.
Well the traffic was moderate versus heavy, and all the lanes changes are explained. I didnt change lanes just to change, or to be a jerk. I appreciate the honesty though. I actually asked my lawyer if the lane changes could be considered reckless, and he said no, "If your changing lanes recklessly in a Wrangler you would have flipped it without the help of a truck hitting you"

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Unread 03-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #81
timoteo1234
1990 YJ Wrangler 

^^ aint that the truth
timoteo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #82
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I never stated that you where reckless in the lane changes. Just in your statement you made several lane changes in what sound like a short period of time and distance. Personal never make a statement of any more than what happen at the time of what ever happens. What happens any time before the last 30 seconds before an accident has no bearing on the accident. That is more than enough time to process what is going on and to change the outcome. I'm looking at this the way the others would look at it. I'm not judging you for what happen or what you did or did not do. Just reading a statement that you made.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #83
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Impressive roll, dude. Glad you're okay.
And I've got a hardtop from the same company. It fits like Keira Knightly in Rosie o'Donnel's pants, though.

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #84
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
I never stated that you where reckless in the lane changes. Just in your statement you made several lane changes in what sound like a short period of time and distance. Personal never make a statement of any more than what happen at the time of what ever happens. What happens any time before the last 30 seconds before an accident has no bearing on the accident. That is more than enough time to process what is going on and to change the outcome. I'm looking at this the way the others would look at it. I'm not judging you for what happen or what you did or did not do. Just reading a statement that you made.
I am honestly not offended by your opinion. I put all this on here knowing that I may get someone who may say it was my fault. Its all good. I understand what you are saying about putting to much info, and the reason for that is, my lawyer wanted it in there. The witness said I switched two lanes of traffic more than a mile back and that was part of the reckless ticket. So he wanted everything explained from that point on. I also believe it isnt relevant. My lawyer is bad a$$, so whatever he says. I also race sportbikes now, and before that I used to "play" on the streets, so needless to say I have actually had 2 wreckless drivings along with some other major violations (i.e. evading the police, 114 in a 45,etc.) and my lawyer has gotten me off both. But seriously, I appreciate your input.

Unread 03-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #85
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooblyGoob View Post
Impressive roll, dude. Glad you're okay.
And I've got a hardtop from the same company. It fits like Keira Knightly in Rosie o'Donnel's pants, though.
:r ofl:

Unread 03-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #86
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Swank View Post
:r ofl:
You wanna buy it? The rear glass busted out, but it's never been in a roll-over...

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.