So, i rolled it - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So, i rolled it

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #61
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I got the one on the top, but not sure if I know about the two circled things. I will have to get under there and take a look. I will be working on it tomorrow. Thanks guys, you are awesome.

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Life is no fun unless, you take the path with the most resistance. -ME-
H_Swank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #62
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Swank View Post
Thanks guys, you are awesome.
Of course we are, don't be ridiculous!

Perfect Strangers (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #63
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
The obvious reason for this roll-over, no torque arm bushings and stud.

Attachment 106955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
Aren't you a little late for the party? By about 37 posts?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...7/#post8998461

Max
Hey, I was just going with your comment. I was having fun with the pic.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #64
Mike
oooh you almost had it

'Beach' drivers .... glad you made it out ok.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #65
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Hey, I was just going with your comment. I was having fun with the pic.
I was just funnin' with ya!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #66
bbambo
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well you got a good look at the under carriage.
Unread 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #67
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Swank,
So what did the insurance comp say?
jeepguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #68
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy85 View Post
Swank,
So what did the insurance comp say?
I spoke with them today, and I got high hopes now.
There is one person handling my side of it and another person for the other driver.
I called my rep today and asked her if she wanted me to email her the paper I wrote for my lawyer. Basically a list of events that happened leading up to and including the crash. She told me, it wasnt needed the statement I had given her over the phone was really enough to handle the case. So I am hoping that a good thing, since I the girl was entering traffic and I DID have the right of way.
The other drivers rep called today for a statement and she is just going to use the same one I gave to my rep, and I emailed her my paper I wrote for the lawyer.
They said I should hear something back in about a week of the report. I reported it monday night around midnight. So probably by next Tuesday is what I am hoping. They have to talk to all witnesses, the cop, both drivers, and get the police report. So I am anticiapating a new two piece hard top.

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Unread 03-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #69
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

My write up for the lawyer. Long but this is EXACTLY what happened. I am open for any and all opinions!

Series of events for accident that occurred on March 2, 2010 at approx 3:50pm
Location- N Great neck Rd at Lords Landing
I was traveling North on N Great Neck Rd. I was in the left lane as I passed Great Neck Village Shopping Center. There were two vehicles in front of me traveling about 30 mph, and in the middle lane next to me there were two vehicles also traveling approx 30 mph. I switched lanes to the middle lane, and I immediately switch to the far right lane. The reason for doing this was I knew the left lane ahead came to an end and I had to switch lanes soon, and I immediately switched to the far right so I didn’t disrupt traffic in the center lane. I came to 45 mph in the right lane, and the vehicle in front of me turned their signal on to turn right at Harbor Lane. I then switched lanes to the left with plenty of room between me and the car I was coming in front of. The vehicle I switched lanes in front of came very close to my rear bumper, and started throwing his hands up, and making finger gestures at me. I maintained my speed, and didn’t retaliate. The vehicle behind me was a blue Jeep Liberty, and they backed off for a second and then sped up as if they were going to hit me in the back. I looked to my right lane and in my mirror, the lanes were clear. I then turned on my right turn signal and proceeded to switch lanes, while switching lanes I seen the silver Toyota Tacoma approaching the stop sign at Lords Landing. I was fully in the right lane and the Toyota Tacoma came out in my lane. I then swerved to the left and seen the blue Jeep Liberty over taking my previous position, then I swerved back to the right to avoid an accident with the Liberty hoping the driver of the Tacoma had seen me. I seen her pulling out and I only seen the side of her face, so I knew the accident was inevitable. The Toyota Tacoma had hit my Jeep Wrangler in the right rear tire and fender, causing my Wrangler to turn sideways and head towards the sidewalk. I then hit the curb and the Jeep flipped on its driver’s side.
I exited my passenger window after turning off the engine, and removing my seat belt. I was approached by an older male jumping in my face screaming at me. He told me “You’re a ****ing idiot, and this is your fault”. I then told him to be quite because he must not have seen anything that happened. The blue Jeep Liberty had pulled over; I pointed to him, and told him not to leave. I walked over to the driver of the Toyota Tacoma and made sure she was ok. She said she was, and asked if I was ok, I told her I was fine, just shackin up. She then asked me if I was in that lane and I told her yes, I had seen her pull to the stop sign. Then the belligerent witness came back up to me and insisted that I was at fault and that I got what I deserved. I then told him to stay out of my face, he wasn’t a cop. I told him to stop provoking me and to shut up till the cops came around. As I turned to talk to the driver of the Jeep Liberty I saw him speeding away. After about two minutes a community patrol vehicle pulled up and he then told the witness to stay away.

Unread 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #70
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i dont know if this helps you or helps any one. i have a yj top just sitting in my back yard that im trying to get rid of. all the glass is there and the structure is in good shape. its an old top so you can imagine how it looks. just a good sanding and a paint jop it would be perfect. its missing on of the vents but im sure there not expencive. never priced them
jakecarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #71
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My write up for the lawyer. Long but this is EXACTLY what happened. I am open for any and all opinions!

I was traveling North on N Great Neck Rd. I was in the left lane as I passed Great Neck Village Shopping Center. There were two vehicles in front of me traveling about 30 mph, and in the middle lane next to me there were two vehicles also traveling approx 30 mph. I switched lanes to the middle lane, and I immediately switch to the far right lane. The reason for doing this was I knew the left lane ahead came to an end and I had to switch lanes soon, and I immediately switched to the far right so I didnít disrupt traffic in the center lane. I came to 45 mph in the right lane, and the vehicle in front of me turned their signal on to turn right at Harbor Lane. I then switched lanes to the left with plenty of room between me and the car I was coming in front of. The vehicle I switched lanes in front of came very close to my rear bumper, and started throwing his hands up, and making finger gestures at me. I maintained my speed, and didnít retaliate. The vehicle behind me was a blue Jeep Liberty, and they backed off for a second and then sped up as if they were going to hit me in the back. I looked to my right lane and in my mirror, the lanes were clear. I then turned on my right turn signal and proceeded to switch lanes, while switching lanes I seen the silver Toyota Tacoma approaching the stop sign at Lords Landing. I was fully in the right lane and the Toyota Tacoma came out in my lane. I then swerved to the left and seen the blue Jeep Liberty over taking my previous position, then I swerved back to the right to avoid an accident with the Liberty hoping the driver of the Tacoma had seen me. I seen her pulling out and I only seen the side of her face, so I knew the accident was inevitable. The Toyota Tacoma had hit my Jeep Wrangler in the right rear tire and fender, causing my Wrangler to turn sideways and head towards the sidewalk. I then hit the curb and the Jeep flipped on its driverís side.
I exited my passenger window after turning off the engine, and removing my seat belt. I was approached by an older male jumping in my face screaming at me. He told me ďYouíre a ****ing idiot, and this is your faultĒ. I then told him to be quite because he must not have seen anything that happened. The blue Jeep Liberty had pulled over; I pointed to him, and told him not to leave. I walked over to the driver of the Toyota Tacoma and made sure she was ok. She said she was, and asked if I was ok, I told her I was fine, just shackin up. She then asked me if I was in that lane and I told her yes, I had seen her pull to the stop sign. Then the belligerent witness came back up to me and insisted that I was at fault and that I got what I deserved. I then told him to stay out of my face, he wasnít a cop. I told him to stop provoking me and to shut up till the cops came around. As I turned to talk to the driver of the Jeep Liberty I saw him speeding away. After about two minutes a community patrol vehicle pulled up and he then told the witness to stay away.
I hope the best for ya buddy! On a personal note, the dude who got in your face should have abruptly met your fist! He deserved it. That is the last thing he should have done to someone who was just in an accident. NOT COOL!
jeepguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #72
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah it came really close to him getting a right hook, but luckily for him the community patrol guy showed up really fast. It just sucks, I got the reckless driving ticket just because he came and ran his mouth. I am going to talk to my lawyer about what I can do after I beat this ticket. I am paying my lawyer $1000 and I have to go to court. Maybe a slander charge or something. Thee who laughs last laughs best! LMAO

Unread 03-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #73
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

I stand by what I said before.

On a better note. Every one is right that atleast you got a good look at the undercarriage, and found out something you needed that you don't have. The max guy always has interesting info.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #74
Bedlam_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I was traveling North on N Great Neck Rd. I was in the left lane as I passed Great Neck Village Shopping Center. There were two vehicles in front of me traveling about 30 mph, and in the middle lane next to me there were two vehicles also traveling approx 30 mph. I switched lanes to the middle lane, and I immediately switch to the far right lane. The reason for doing this was I knew the left lane ahead came to an end and I had to switch lanes soon, and I immediately switched to the far right so I didn’t disrupt traffic in the center lane. I came to 45 mph in the right lane, and the vehicle in front of me turned their signal on to turn right at Harbor Lane. I then switched lanes to the left with plenty of room between me and the car I was coming in front of. The vehicle I switched lanes in front of came very close to my rear bumper, and started throwing his hands up, and making finger gestures at me. I maintained my speed, and didn’t retaliate. The vehicle behind me was a blue Jeep Liberty, and they backed off for a second and then sped up as if they were going to hit me in the back. I looked to my right lane and in my mirror, the lanes were clear. I then turned on my right turn signal and proceeded to switch lanes, while switching lanes I seen the silver Toyota Tacoma approaching the stop sign at Lords Landing. I was fully in the right lane and the Toyota Tacoma came out in my lane. I then swerved to the left and seen the blue Jeep Liberty over taking my previous position, then I swerved back to the right to avoid an accident with the Liberty hoping the driver of the Tacoma had seen me. I seen her pulling out and I only seen the side of her face, so I knew the accident was inevitable. The Toyota Tacoma had hit my Jeep Wrangler in the right rear tire and fender, causing my Wrangler to turn sideways and head towards the sidewalk. I then hit the curb and the Jeep flipped on its driver’s side.
I exited my passenger window after turning off the engine, and removing my seat belt. I was approached by an older male jumping in my face screaming at me. He told me “You’re a ****ing idiot, and this is your fault”. I then told him to be quite because he must not have seen anything that happened. The blue Jeep Liberty had pulled over; I pointed to him, and told him not to leave. I walked over to the driver of the Toyota Tacoma and made sure she was ok. She said she was, and asked if I was ok, I told her I was fine, just shackin up. She then asked me if I was in that lane and I told her yes, I had seen her pull to the stop sign. Then the belligerent witness came back up to me and insisted that I was at fault and that I got what I deserved. I then told him to stay out of my face, he wasn’t a cop. I told him to stop provoking me and to shut up till the cops came around. As I turned to talk to the driver of the Jeep Liberty I saw him speeding away. After about two minutes a community patrol vehicle pulled up and he then told the witness to stay away.
You misspelled 'quiet' as 'quite'. lol. But otherwise, it's very thorough. Kudos.

Glad you're OK. As well as the Jeep.
I would have punched that ***hole in the throat.
Bedlam_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #75
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

I said it before in your other thread, and I'll say it again (with a different spin): You landed it so well! Had that tree not been there, it could have been a lot worse. Glad you and the YJ are okay!

Brandon
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.