So, i rolled it - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So, i rolled it

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #46
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Both me and the girl who hit me have Progressive Insurance, so they are doing an investigation to determine fault. They said it would be atleast a week before they have a determination. I have 0 deductable, so that good if I am at fault, but if I am not at fault, I will be selling an awesome two piece hard top with a missing rear driver window. CHEAP!!
They would have to replace it, and replace the rim that is damages, and pay for a paint job, which I would do myself with some rattlecan.

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Life is no fun unless, you take the path with the most resistance. -ME-
H_Swank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #47
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

All hardtops are missing that rear glass! Mine is due to some hooligans. Cheapest I can find rear glass is like, $260 with defroster.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #48
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Is your oil pan OK?
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #49
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

I would like to see any other car/truck survive that with just some paint damage and a smashed window.
Dronac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #50
crowe
1994 YJ Wrangler 

that sucks.. glad your ok and hell makes for a great story no less!
crowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #51
jpsmets
1982 CJ7 

That sucks bro, glad to hear you're OK. Gotta live the guys who stopped to rub it in. I probably would have killed him
jpsmets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #52
joshbaker92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

hey man let me know if you need some help i live in va beach too

josh
joshbaker92yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #53
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The obvious reason for this roll-over, no torque arm bushings and stud.

rolled2jeep.jpg
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #54
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
The obvious reason for this roll-over, no torque arm bushings and stud.
Aren't you a little late for the party? By about 37 posts?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...7/#post8998461

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #55
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Swank View Post
Max- Yes mine is Very similar to the pic you posted. It has 4 bolts through that rubber bracket (mount), and bolts the skid plate. But my skid plate has 4 bolt going to it not the two like you showed. I had to modify my skid plate to accept the 4 bolts (PITA). I can take pics to further explain, but it might be a few days since I just put it my friends garage cause the rain is coming and I have no rear window.
You have a TJ AX-15 mounting bracket. That is why you had to modify the skid to accept the 4 bolts. Here is a pic of a TJ bracket which you can compare to the YJ style bracket which is depicted in the previous illustration to see the differences between the two. This also explains why you don't have the insulator bolt as there is no provision for it on the TJ style bracket.
tj-ax-15-bracket.jpg  
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #56
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
Aren't you a little late for the party? By about 37 posts?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...7/#post8998461

Max
LOL, I thought the same thing when I read that.
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #57
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronac View Post
I would like to see any other car/truck survive that with just some paint damage and a smashed window.
Actually the window busted cause my wire strippers came out of the unlocked tool box mounted on the pass fender. If it was locked it wouldnt have even busted, and my Jeep would have had a little scuff. That thing is a mini tank.

When I flipped it back over, they cop said it wouldnt start, I laughed and said Oh yeah it will, I built this bit@h. I got it back over, let it sit (so the oil drains back down), and cycled the fuel pump, and she fired right up, just a small amount of smoke. There is no knocks, or anything. Just have to go get the alignment done again. Good thing it came with a warranty for 4 months.

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Unread 03-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #58
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby View Post
You have a TJ AX-15 mounting bracket. That is why you had to modify the skid to accept the 4 bolts. Here is a pic of a TJ bracket which you can compare to the YJ style bracket which is depicted in the previous illustration to see the differences between the two. This also explains why you don't have the insulator bolt as there is no provision for it on the TJ style bracket.
Is the TJ and YJ tranny mounts the same? Could I just get a YJ mount and slap it in. I have another tranny skid plate thats not modified. I guess I need to take care of this ASAP.

Unread 03-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #59
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Swank View Post
Is the TJ and YJ tranny mounts the same? Could I just get a YJ mount and slap it in. I have another tranny skid plate thats not modified. I guess I need to take care of this ASAP.
I think you don't really need to do anything, IMO.

The YJ has a 2 bolt setup and an isolator stud to control torque, apparently the TJ mount uses a 4 bolt setup which eliminates the need for the isolator stud.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #60
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
I think you don't really need to do anything, IMO.

The YJ has a 2 bolt setup and an isolator stud to control torque, apparently the TJ mount uses a 4 bolt setup which eliminates the need for the isolator stud.

Max
I agree, so long as the TJ mount is used along with the TJ bracket. The TJ mount is much beefier and had the torque arms built into it. Here are pics.... TJ on the top, YJ on the bottom.
tjmount.jpg   yjmount.jpg  

Last edited by idaholtby; 03-03-2010 at 09:07 PM..
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.