So, i rolled it - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So, i rolled it

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 03-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #31
nedmoore

1982 CJ7 

I am sure that you have said your thanks! Did you have your seat belt on? Just curious? I am pretty bad about not buckling up.

nedmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #32
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
You need to save that pic of the bottom of the Jeep. We can use it to point out parts to the noobs.
Save away! I know I got my pics saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmoore View Post
I am sure that you have said your thanks! Did you have your seat belt on? Just curious? I am pretty bad about not buckling up.
Actually I am still in the process of getting everything 100% since this was a frame up build, and I got seat belts with the family style roll bar, but they didnt work. I actually have new ones on order though. I think one thing that really helped hold me down was the seat.... I installed the Sunfire seats, and they sorta wrap around you. So I give some props to Pontiac for helping Jeepers stay safe.

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Life is no fun unless, you take the path with the most resistance. -ME-
H_Swank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #33
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby View Post
"Mean Max- I am not sure if you are being serious of thats a joke, I obviously have no clue what your talking about with that bushing."

Max is referring to the open hole on the skid plate where the torque arm(i.e. Insulator stud) for the tranny mount would reside. Here is an illustration ....
This actually looks nothing like my setup, obviously! My tranny mount has 4 bolts. When I purchased it, I told them it was for a 97 4.0L since that is what the tranny came out of. Im guessing it shouldnt have mattered?

"Never trade the thrills of living, for the security of existence" Live and love as if its your last day!!

Unread 03-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #34
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Swank View Post
This actually looks nothing like my setup, obviously! My tranny mount has 4 bolts. When I purchased it, I told them it was for a 97 4.0L since that is what the tranny came out of. Im guessing it shouldnt have mattered?
Do you have a rubber mount between these 4 holes & the skid plate?

Here is the mount (mounting type, the actual brand & material are up to you) that you should have.

The mount looks like this, but disregard the bracket in this pic because it's an automatic transmission. Note the torque arm/isolator stud & bushings.

Then the bolts on the skid will look like this one.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #35
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Swank View Post
The pics in Max's post is for an Auto, the auto uses a different mount (same as holes used as with the AX-5). The AX-15 from a TJ, as yours came from, mounts up the same as my illustration(same as a YJ AX-15). Rather than the two forward holes in the skid, it uses the two rear "recessed" holes in the skid. Take a close look at the illustration and yours should be bolted up the same on your '91. The insulator stud mount uses the same location on the skid in all applications.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #36
cosmo_j
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The pics in Max's post is for an Auto, the auto uses a different mount (same as holes used as with the AX-5). The AX-15 from a TJ, as yours came from, mounts up the same as my illustration(same as a YJ AX-15). Rather than the two forward holes in the skid, it uses the two rear "recessed" holes in the skid. Take a close look at the illustration and yours should be bolted up the same on your '91. The insulator stud mount uses the same location on the skid in all applications.
is this insulator stud supposed to be on a ba 10/5 as well? i dont think i have one?
cosmo_j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #37
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You mean "bracket" and not "mount", right?

The actual rubber/poly YJ mount is the same part number for all manual & auto applications. At least in all the application charts I've seen.

Max

Quote:
Quote:
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #38
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to know you are safe! That was an impressive flip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #39
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
You mean "bracket" and not "mount", right?

The actual rubber/poly YJ mount is the same part number for all manual & auto applications. At least in all the application charts I've seen.

Max
Yes, exactly. Thanks for correcting my vernacular.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #40
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Max- Yes mine is Very similar to the pic you posted. It has 4 bolts through that rubber bracket (mount), and bolts the skid plate. But my skid plate has 4 bolt going to it not the two like you showed. I had to modify my skid plate to accept the 4 bolts (PITA). I can take pics to further explain, but it might be a few days since I just put it my friends garage cause the rain is coming and I have no rear window.

Unread 03-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #41
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So is the girls insurance covering your new glass purchase and such?
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #42
DirtyJeepBoy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

dumb drivers.. glad your ok and your jeeps ok..

edit: lol that is me in the 3rd and 4th picture and the underside of my YJ funny stuff
[COLOR="darkgreen"]My Build:[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/dirty-jeep-boy-tj-build-w-pics-1054939/"]Dirty Jeep Boy -TJ Build w/ Pics[/URL]
BDS/BTF/MCE[/CENTER][/B]
DirtyJeepBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #43
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ver-who?

Just kidding!

Max

Quote:
Quote:

Unread 03-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #44
YJ Ynot
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think vernacular is some kind of new optics Max..

I'll stop procrastinating tomorrow...
YJ Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #45
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusb View Post
I was going to ask did you just push it over and continue on your way?? LOL I rolled an older BMW in Germany 3/4 of the way around...climbed out the drivers side door which was straight up in the air and got pulled out by a buddy in a Wrangler no less! ...continued on to work before the Polizei had a chance to show up and charge for damaging the woods.
That's funny, a while back I had a tracker and hit a patch of water and flipped it on the side, I climbed out the passenger side and two guys stopped to see if I was ok. I said yeah, but can you guys help me flip this thing upright? they did and I was on my way, no police necessary!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.