So after months of trying to find a short in y brake light wiring, I finally fixed it - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So after months of trying to find a short in y brake light wiring, I finally fixed it

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
AnonymousD
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So after months of trying to find a short in y brake light wiring, I finally fixed it

Turned out to be a faulty plug on the steering column.

Faulty as in it wasnt plugged in all the way. Now all my turn signals and the brake lights work again. Yay.

I cant figure out how I missed it. I think I thought it was the plug for the windshield wipers, cause they are about the same size.

Well atleast its fixed now.

AnonymousD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

got a pic of what plug it is? i got the same damn problem and i cant figure it out
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #3
AnonymousD
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankinyj View Post
got a pic of what plug it is? i got the same damn problem and i cant figure it out
I can take a pic tomorrow. But its a long black plug right under the steering column. I think they are supposed to be mounted to the bottom, but mine was kinda hanging.

And now when I press the brake, the side marker on the passenger front and the left turn signal light on the dash come on. And the front passenger light is always bright.
AnonymousD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.