Snaps on Front of Soft top? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Snaps on Front of Soft top?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Brifr1231
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Snaps on Front of Soft top?

I took a look at the soft top i got with my jeep for the first time today and i found that the front part of the top has snaps on it. not the normal strip thing that i have the channel for... anyone have this type of top/ have pics of the snaps on the windshield. I was going to make a bikini top out of it cause i dont have any hardware for it or the side windows. but found that it wont work.

Unread 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
MWguy101
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It might help if you post a pic of what you are talking about.
Unread 04-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Jeeperez
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If you have snaps, its most likely a 'sunrider' style softop, which mean you have the sunroof option. You need a special bracket that the top buttons on too which then all settles on the windshield without the channel in place.

[QUOTE=daverubino;10133980]Sell your YJ???? Why would anyone do that. You dont sell YJ's you just keep them until they become parts heeps for your next one.[/QUOTE]
Jeeperez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Brifr1231
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So i have found that the frame for the soft top i have has the snaps on it but there are no rails and dont have side windows its just too much of a hastle i just want a bikini top.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.