Snaps on Front of Soft top? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Snaps on Front of Soft top?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 04-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Brifr1231
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Snaps on Front of Soft top?

I took a look at the soft top i got with my jeep for the first time today and i found that the front part of the top has snaps on it. not the normal strip thing that i have the channel for... anyone have this type of top/ have pics of the snaps on the windshield. I was going to make a bikini top out of it cause i dont have any hardware for it or the side windows. but found that it wont work.

Unread 04-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
MWguy101
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It might help if you post a pic of what you are talking about.
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Jeeperez
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you have snaps, its most likely a 'sunrider' style softop, which mean you have the sunroof option. You need a special bracket that the top buttons on too which then all settles on the windshield without the channel in place.

[QUOTE=daverubino;10133980]Sell your YJ???? Why would anyone do that. You dont sell YJ's you just keep them until they become parts heeps for your next one.[/QUOTE]
Jeeperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
Brifr1231
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So i have found that the frame for the soft top i have has the snaps on it but there are no rails and dont have side windows its just too much of a hastle i just want a bikini top.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.