smoke inside the dash! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > smoke inside the dash!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
JeepMeGusta
1995 YJ Wrangler 

smoke inside the dash!

I started up my jeep and i noticed that there was a little bit of smoke coming out of around where the turn signal lever was. The smoke seemed to stop after I drove for about 5 minutes. We cant really look at whats going on without taking the whole steering wheel assembly off. We think it might be a short, but everything seems to be working fine. Any suggestions or past experiences?

CH_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
i have a rc 4" lift so far its pretty leveled, no sags, rides good on hwy, but around town on bumpy roads you swear that your riding a wagon. its a rough ride but oh well ill deal with it.
JeepMeGusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
minnbowhunter
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thats magic smoke that is put in at the factory. If the magic smoke escapes, something bad happened.
minnbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
JeepMeGusta
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well i guess something bad happened then. I have never seen this magic smoke before.
CH_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
i have a rc 4" lift so far its pretty leveled, no sags, rides good on hwy, but around town on bumpy roads you swear that your riding a wagon. its a rough ride but oh well ill deal with it.
JeepMeGusta is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.