Smittybuilt armor - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 PM
timatoe
Web Wheeler
 
timatoe's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 15,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
You can buy cloaks for that.
No doubt. I wouldn't pay $800 for Smitty anything. But to each their own.

EDIT: After checking some prices etc. I guess $800 isn't too bad if you're getting sliders, front fenders, and the rear.


Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe

No doubt. I wouldn't pay $800 for Smitty anything. But to each their own.

EDIT: After checking some prices etc. I guess $800 isn't too bad if you're getting sliders, front fenders, and the rear.
X2

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
post #33 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,152
I got my rear flares for $119 and free shipping after they price matched someone I found selling cheaper. The corner guards are on my list of to do. As they are full corners for only $250

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #34 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
I got my rear flares for $119 and free shipping after they price matched someone I found selling cheaper. The corner guards are on my list of to do. As they are full corners for only $250
Smittybuilt? Tell me more. And btw with the corner guards, do you have to put anything between them or is it just metal on metal?

Sent from my YJ

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
post #35 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,152
This should help anybody looking at anything smittybilt armor. Truck customizes dot com has them all on sale.
Rear corner guards for $217.49 + FREE shipping.
Rear flares for $125.71 + FREE shipping.

And to keep it in the Jeep community, you can take those prices to 4wd/ 4wheel parts or quadratec and have them price match.

Here is the link.
http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...-cj-yj-tj.html

In case anyone is wondering, if ordering both corner guards and rear flares from that website, the total is $343.20. That's a steal.






I do my homework

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #36 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
This should help anybody looking at anything smittybilt armor. Truck customizes dot com has them all on sale.
Rear corner guards for $217.49 + FREE shipping.
Rear flares for $125.71 + FREE shipping.

And to keep it in the Jeep community, you can take those prices to 4wd/ 4wheel parts or quadratec and have them price match.

Here is the link.
http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...-cj-yj-tj.html

In case anyone is wondering, if ordering both corner guards and rear flares from that website, the total is $343.20. That's a steal.

I do my homework
Damn dude you get an A+

Sent from my YJ

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
post #37 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,152
Just tryin to save some people some money. I'm just as good at spending others money as helping save it

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #38 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
Just tryin to save some people some money. I'm just as good at spending others money as helping save it
Lol I hear ya man

Sent from my YJ

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
post #39 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,152
Btw the same website has a deal going that if you buy the front tube fenders, and rear flares, they'll send the rocker guards for free.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #40 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
Btw the same website has a deal going that if you buy the front tube fenders, and rear flares, they'll send the rocker guards for free.
As in free guards or free shipping?

Sent from my YJ

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
post #41 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonYJReed View Post
As in free guards or free shipping?

Sent from my YJ
Free guards, the ones without the steps though.

Edit** I assume free shipping as well as everything else has free shipping.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #42 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
im gonna check out your link now

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
post #43 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
can I use the TJ cornor gaurds for more room or do I need to get the YJ ones and cut them? because im gonna get the TJ flares for more room.

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
post #44 of 105 Old 01-02-2013, 11:59 PM
timatoe
Web Wheeler
 
timatoe's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 15,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonYJReed View Post
can I use the TJ cornor gaurds for more room or do I need to get the YJ ones and cut them? because im gonna get the TJ flares for more room.
If you get TJ corners, you'll have an opening on the driver side for fuel and no opening in the back where the stock YJ one goes. I used TJ corners on mine and moved the filler, but it's not a bolt on simple thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline  
post #45 of 105 Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
BrandonYJReed
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Essington
Posts: 640
[/QUOTE]

Here is the link.
http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...-cj-yj-tj.html[/QUOTE]
Ordered it all lastnight!
Sent from my YJ

-1990 YJ, 2.5L, AX-15, lifted, locked, on 35's.

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome