Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Smittybuilt armor

7K views 104 replies 16 participants last post by  BrandonYJReed 
#1 ·
Is anyone running any smittybuilt fenders or body armor? I like the front flat fenders and I like the rear body armor, I just wanted to see if you guys had any reviews on them? thanks guys!

#14 ·
How bout your front metalcloaks? How were they to install and what did they cost you?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

They're not bad to install. When you read through the directions, you're thinking WTF? but then once it's going together it all makes sense. They DO cost a lot though, but they are nice.

Mine.....

#13 ·
The cost is on the website but Matson has so kindly sponsored the Yj of the month contest so they're a little cheaper for the winners. There are deals to be had if you look hard enough. I know ripper3494 is selling his rear cloaks if you're interested.

Wait for a sale otherwise. They're worth every penny!

#27 ·
I have a smittybilt bumper, I know you aren't asking about bumpers, but smittybilt is crap. My rear tire swing won't stay closed on the trail. After talking to them, sending pictures and a receipt( only 6 months old) they told me " our bumpers aren't meant for offroading" WTF!!! They won't return my emails. A buddy told me they use to be a really good company, but were bought out and now made in China.

#30 ·
scottontherocks said:
I have a smittybilt bumper, I know you aren't asking about bumpers, but smittybilt is crap. My rear tire swing won't stay closed on the trail. After talking to them, sending pictures and a receipt( only 6 months old) they told me " our bumpers aren't meant for offroading" WTF!!! They won't return my emails. A buddy told me they use to be a really good company, but were bought out and now made in China.
I also have front and rear smittybuilt bumpers with rear tire swing and mine is fine on and off road.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.