Smittybilt Rear TJ Tube Fenders? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Smittybilt Rear TJ Tube Fenders?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 07-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #16
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

With these flares, would cutting be the same as with any other tj fender flare? Can you trim a little more off the corners to fit 35's a little better like the metalcloak style? These seem like a cheaper alternative to metalcloak and a more durable option to the xenon flat tj rears I was looking at too. I won't mind trimming but I still want my inner plastic rock catcher thingie functional. Any more thoughts on this product or tips for installing? Silicone perhaps?

Unread 07-23-2011, 12:43 AM   #17
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'll answer my own question here for anyone who wants to read:
I talked to an LJ owner running these and he trimmed a significant amount off the smitty flare and his tub to get his 37's to stop rubbing with a 6" lift. I'm running 35's so this gave me a little hope that my tire will stuff well inside this opening.

I'll be ordering them next week, thanks fir the pics in this thread!
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #18
offroadjunkie95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

lawl can tell I'm still searching info lol.. and I do care to read!!!
offroadjunkie95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.