Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Smitty Built SRC Bumper (with pics!)

5K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  canesqb3 
#1 ·
Well here's the front.

And the rear.

Now this seems a bit odd to me. The driver side bracket has 2 mounting bolts/holes while the passenger side has four.

Now both sides still have the bracket that wraps underneath so I would think it's good for pulling, towing, and ect. But does this make sense to any body else? Does any one have the version with the tire carrier? :confused:

But any way I've been getting a few requests for pics and here they are!
:thumbsup:

See less See more
#6 ·
Are those the same as ryans fab or just smittybuilt. I have been looking at the ryans fab front and rear bumper. That front bumper looks exactly the same as ryans fab. Can we get a shot of the whole front look.

#7 ·
Heres a few front shots of the new bumper. As for the ryans fab bumpers, I have no idea. The first pic is my fav.:cool:

#8 ·
You probably have the 4 bolts on the passenger side to allow for the optional tire carrier that would attach on that side of the bumper.

#9 ·
i really like the front, but the rear looks like it hangs down kind of low, does it break in towards the jeep like the front one does?

#10 ·
Looks real Nice, Both of them. Congrats! How much does the front one weigh & how much does the front one stick out? I'm assuming thats the textured finish?
Thanks, Rik

#12 · (Edited)
erickpl, It would make sense.

phlex234, it does break back in to the jeep and hangs down about level with the gas tank. I was actually thinking about making a skid plate that runs from the bottom of the bumper to the skidplate for the gas tank after I replace it (the gas tank skid that is). you also need to put some sort of downpipe on the end of your exhaust or it blows on the bottom most part of the bumper.

Rik, the shipping wieght for the front was 75 pounds and the rear was 61 pounds. It sticks out pretty far almost a foot from the stock bumper but it slopes up so its kinda like a puesdo stinger. And yes it's the wrinkled epoxy stuff and I was suprised at how well it holds up scratching and such

Phiz, I wouldn't have it any other color!:thumbsup:

#13 ·
yeah that skid would be a good idea, so that why you could slide off of stuff if you get hung up, but i think the design of the bumper laready acts as a skid because its at an angle

#15 ·
But any way I've been getting a few requests for pics and here they are![/QUOTE]

Good pictures. The true test will be how well they hold up especially to rust since Smittybuilt absorbed some SteelHorse Personnel and some of their merchandise. It will be interesting to see if SteelHorse's rust came with it.

#17 ·
wow, those look really nice. Thanks for posting pics up. I've been wanting these bumpers for mine since I first saw them when they came out, but I havent gotten to see them on a YJ yet. Deffintly buying them now. How long did it take for yours to come? I know a lot of places have had them on back order for a few months. Now you just need some lights and a winch, front bumper looks a little naked

Did you do the install yourself?

#18 ·
I wish I had those tires and rims...beautiful Jeep man :bowdown:

#19 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys. :D

dokken08 The rear bumper was around 250.

Knight1989 I agree, I think hte first thing I'll be doing is a set of 100 watt KC daylighters on the bottom lights tabs. Then a winch when I can afford it. And yes, I did install the bumpers. The front one took about 20 minutes in the parking lot, the rear was a little more involved it took me about an hour with the drilling and such.

Every mod on my jeep has been done by me. :D

micfly83 Thanks! :banana:

#20 ·
Ryans fab is a small internet custom fabrication. He sells unfinished bumpers that look almost identical to that except for the back on ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.