Smitty Built SRC Bumper (with pics!) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Smitty Built SRC Bumper (with pics!)

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.com

Unread 05-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
Roadkill43

Smitty Built SRC Bumper (with pics!)

Well here’s the front.

And the rear.

Now this seems a bit odd to me. The driver side bracket has 2 mounting bolts/holes while the passenger side has four.

Now both sides still have the bracket that wraps underneath so I would think it’s good for pulling, towing, and ect. But does this make sense to any body else? Does any one have the version with the tire carrier?

But any way I've been getting a few requests for pics and here they are!

1991 Black YJ, 2.5, Herculined, K&N, Electric Fan, Posi-Loc, 2" BDS, 31" BFG MT's, American Racing rims, Aussie Locked rear, Tuffy lockboxes, Daystar shackles, AtoZ rockers, SmittyBuilt SRC bumpers, 100W KC Daylighter Fog lights, and more to come….

"Being smart is just like driving a jeep, you still get stuck just farther from help."

My Rig
Roadkill43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
Punisher
1994 YJ Wrangler 

EXCELLENT! I've wondered how those look up close and personal. I'm not a huge fan of the front one, but the rear is a favorite of mine for sure. How solid does that front one feel?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
vwbeatle1214

i love the front one i'm just too poor at the moment
trail customised exhaust
3.5" dick cepek lift
3/8 " m.o.r.e boomerang shackles
31x10.50 m/t's
vwbeatle1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
NIUPonyBoy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow nice!!!
-'07 Mineral Gray Ford Mustang GT Convertible
-'05 Silver Dodge Ram2500 PowerWagon Hemi 4x4
-'05 Silver Ford Freestar SEL Handicapped
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
TexMontana

those have been catching my eye for sometime..... looks great!!!!

87 Jeep Wrangler Yj 2.5l stock Currie boomerang shackles Blazer blower motor upgrade Cragar 397 w/31x10.5 rubbers Homade Posi-lock
Rochester,NY
TexMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #6
canesqb3

Are those the same as ryans fab or just smittybuilt. I have been looking at the ryans fab front and rear bumper. That front bumper looks exactly the same as ryans fab. Can we get a shot of the whole front look.
95 YJ 6 cyl., RE 4.5 XD lift, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS all terrain, Mickey Thompson Classic II's, Tera Low SYE and CV Drive shaft, Smittybuilt rocker guards, Rock Hard Front Bumper and steering box skid, LOD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, 1" BL, tj flares,T-max 9000lb. winch, Overhead Sound pods, Rhino Lined, pro comp spotlights, midland cb radio.
COMING SOON... painting rims black, synthetic winch rope
[B]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]JESUS IS LORD!!!![/COLOR][/B]
canesqb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #7
Roadkill43

Heres a few front shots of the new bumper. As for the ryans fab bumpers, I have no idea. The first pic is my fav.

1991 Black YJ, 2.5, Herculined, K&N, Electric Fan, Posi-Loc, 2" BDS, 31" BFG MT's, American Racing rims, Aussie Locked rear, Tuffy lockboxes, Daystar shackles, AtoZ rockers, SmittyBuilt SRC bumpers, 100W KC Daylighter Fog lights, and more to come….

"Being smart is just like driving a jeep, you still get stuck just farther from help."

My Rig
Unread 05-26-2005, 10:15 AM   #8
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You probably have the 4 bolts on the passenger side to allow for the optional tire carrier that would attach on that side of the bumper.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 10:19 AM   #9
phlex234

i really like the front, but the rear looks like it hangs down kind of low, does it break in towards the jeep like the front one does?

[B]Jeep 2.5 Low Output club member #2
92 Red YJ, 3.5 Bds lift, 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 33 in tires, long travel DT3000 shocks, m.o.r.e. 3/8 boomerang shackels, 4:56 gears, Tj flares, rock-it man front and rear bumper, Terraflex SYE and Tom Woods CV driveshaft, herculined tub, custom homemade rocker panels, powered by the almighty 4 cylinder[/B]

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155355]NEVER FORGET[/URL]
phlex234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #10
TEXASRAM

Looks real Nice, Both of them. Congrats! How much does the front one weigh & how much does the front one stick out? I'm assuming thats the textured finish?
Thanks, Rik
1995 JEEP Wrangler, 4.0 H.O. , IL6 4x4, White/Spice, Auto, Custom Center Console, Homemade Cold-Air Intake, 31x10.50x15 MT, Rubicon fenderflares, Black Denim Bestop Supertop, FlowMaster Exhaust, Hi-Flow Cat, 2" Performance Accessories Body Lift, Custom front bumper

homemade xtras to come.... rear bumper w/ tire carrier, rock sliders.........

"DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"
TEXASRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #11
Phiz YJ

There is none higher
thanks for havin' a black jeep 2
I now know my fate
31x10.5 A/T
Bestop Supertop
Herculined
SS crap
Stock
Phiz YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #12
Roadkill43

erickpl, It would make sense.

phlex234, it does break back in to the jeep and hangs down about level with the gas tank. I was actually thinking about making a skid plate that runs from the bottom of the bumper to the skidplate for the gas tank after I replace it (the gas tank skid that is). you also need to put some sort of downpipe on the end of your exhaust or it blows on the bottom most part of the bumper.

Rik, the shipping wieght for the front was 75 pounds and the rear was 61 pounds. It sticks out pretty far almost a foot from the stock bumper but it slopes up so its kinda like a puesdo stinger. And yes it's the wrinkled epoxy stuff and I was suprised at how well it holds up scratching and such

Phiz, I wouldn't have it any other color!

My Rig

Last edited by Roadkill43; 05-27-2005 at 12:36 PM..
Unread 05-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #13
phlex234

yeah that skid would be a good idea, so that why you could slide off of stuff if you get hung up, but i think the design of the bumper laready acts as a skid because its at an angle

[B]Jeep 2.5 Low Output club member #2
92 Red YJ, 3.5 Bds lift, 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 33 in tires, long travel DT3000 shocks, m.o.r.e. 3/8 boomerang shackels, 4:56 gears, Tj flares, rock-it man front and rear bumper, Terraflex SYE and Tom Woods CV driveshaft, herculined tub, custom homemade rocker panels, powered by the almighty 4 cylinder[/B]

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155355]NEVER FORGET[/URL]
phlex234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2005, 03:01 PM   #14
dokken08

Great look. How much for the rear?
dokken08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #15
acejeep

But any way I've been getting a few requests for pics and here they are![/QUOTE]

Good pictures. The true test will be how well they hold up especially to rust since Smittybuilt absorbed some SteelHorse Personnel and some of their merchandise. It will be interesting to see if SteelHorse's rust came with it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.