smelly exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > smelly exhaust

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-22-2001, 10:15 AM   #1
whatarush

smelly exhaust

I drive a 89' Jeep Wrangler with a 258. I have replaced the carb. with a holly to stop the common problem with the carter. I have also replaced my muffler with a Gibson to help a bit with performance (the old muffler was shot as well).
Here is my issue. The f'in thing stinks. I take off the top and the smell on the fumes is horrible. I don't know if this is a common problem with Jeeps, but I feel like it is going to knock me out the smell gets so bad. The 258's in 89, maybe other years as well, have some crazy emissions set up with hoses running all over the place. When I put on the new carb I had to drill some holds in the top to run in the back flow exhaust. If you follow the hoses to their origin one will find a one way valve that is involved with the exhaust.
Anyway, just wanted to throw in as many detail as I could to see if anyone had the slightest idea as to why my Jeep smells so bad. By the way I take two showers a day and use deoderant, so it aint me.
Thanks all.

whatarush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2001, 02:43 AM   #2
JeepinMan22

hello.....well being jeeps have the areodynamics of a brick, the jeep creates sort of a vacume (sp?)...i have the same probablem and this is what i was told....i also noticed the smell after changing from a new exhaust system...exits straight out the back instead of curved down.......this is only what i think though??

good luck
mike

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.