small problems after lift install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > small problems after lift install

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
zoomin0074

small problems after lift install

After installing the blackmountain 3.5" lift and 32's I have to push the shifter really hard and hold it in the park position to get the key out of the ignition. Also while engine is running in park or in drive with the brake on I have a engine vibration which wasnt there before the lift & transfer case drop. Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Red Jeep club #435
zoomin0074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm assuming your shifter is on the column...

With the t-case drop you've changed the linkage geometry. Crawl up under the rig and add about 1/2 of length (adjustable) to where the linkage meets the trans shifter lever.

As for the vibes, make sure your valve cover is not hitting your firewall (common on t-case drops). If it is loosen the 2 bolts holding the trans to the skid, and using a bottle jack push the trans and engine forward about an inch. Then re-tighten trans bolts.

If not hitting the firewall, Re-torque your trans bolts and outrigger assy on the skid, might be just someting you overlooked.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.