Slip yoke Eliminator question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-19-2004, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Midlife Mudder

Slip yoke Eliminator question

I have a 3 1/2 BDS lift with 33's can't seem to get rid of the last bit of rear driveline vibe.I'm thinking on installing a SYE Are they worth the $ or should I just put up with it ?What are some of the other benifits ? Thanks ...Larry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-19-2004, 02:52 PM
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Mudder
I have a 3 1/2 BDS lift with 33's can't seem to get rid of the last bit of rear driveline vibe.I'm thinking on installing a SYE Are they worth the $ or should I just put up with it ?What are some of the other benifits ? Thanks ...Larry
I wouldn't put up with it. i have a vibe on mine at 60 mph after my lift and my slave cyl on the clutch just went out for no apparent reason. It's only about 1.5 years old. I don't know if the vibe is responsible but I'm not taking a chance. Vibes can and do eat your u-joints though so it's best to get rid of them. Are you sure it's the drive line thougha nd not a badly balanced tire? I'd hate to drop 500 on the SYE only to find that it didn't work. Anyway, the SYE does work and is worth the money if nothing else works. An added benefit is being able to remove your rear DS for whatever reason and still drive on the front without leaking oil everywhere. you also don't have to worry about the shaft coming out of the case at full droop. you don't necessarily have to get the DS from the supplier either. Local shops can often fab up a new shaft cheaper then online shops.

RIP: '88 YJ 2.5L Ax-5 NP231
Posi-Loked. Herculined. Optima yellow top. 1" Shackle, 2" BDS. Cragar 397's Aussie front.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
post #3 of 7 Old 07-19-2004, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Midlife Mudder

sye

Thanks Sentinal.Its definately not the tires,happened before and after new wheels.Notice my vibe mostly at lower speeds 10-40 mph.Also heard SYE eliminates transfercase drop which would gain me an extra 1" of clearance?? You know we can all use that extra inch

post #4 of 7 Old 07-19-2004, 06:52 PM
TIM92300

Hooked up the SYE this wnter it works great. Go to Tom Woods driveshaft (websearch) Theyve got the AA SYE kit and a nice driveshaft and custom fit it to your measurementys for $525. Cheaper than and a better product than youll get from 4wdHardware

94 YJ 1" Body, SOA, Rear 3/4 elliptical
35x10.5 Boggers
Dana 44 Front, 9" Rear 4:88s & ARB Air locker
post #5 of 7 Old 07-19-2004, 10:45 PM
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

that is where I bought mine too but I saw some other place selling the exact same kit for $475. so search this sight. the aa hd kit and tom woods cv ds are very nice and it was not that hard but definately get a pair of snap ring pliers.

To view the NEW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
click here!!!
post #6 of 7 Old 07-20-2004, 01:14 AM
Koolaidkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias94yj
that is where I bought mine too but I saw some other place selling the exact same kit for $475. so search this sight. the aa hd kit and tom woods cv ds are very nice and it was not that hard but definately get a pair of snap ring pliers.
There is a place here in Michigan called Koz's Offroad

www.kozoffroad.com

last I knew, he was selling an AA SYE and custom drive shaft for just over $400. I don't know what shipping would hit you, but I got mine there and was very pleased with the service.

The AA directions are decent, and the install was really pretty easy and straight forward. I second the snap ring plier necessity.

'95 Wrangler, 3.5" BDS, SOA, 36x12.5 Swamper
post #7 of 7 Old 07-20-2004, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Midlife Mudder

Sye

Thanks for all your advice guys.I live in eastern Canada so US$ and shipping definately factor in here but I'll check them out

1992 Jeep YJ 4L High Output
4.11's ,3 1/2 BDS Lift,33" BFG Mud Terrains
Safari Snorkel
Bennett Built bumpers,tire carrier and rock rails
Bad -Assed custom flat fenders
Crazy Driver

"If it ain't leaking,it's empty"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.