slip yoke and driveshaft question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > slip yoke and driveshaft question

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #16
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshepler217 View Post
yaa just saying though ive had better luck with rough country springs compared to bds. i have had a bds lift in a cj before, yes only one but when i had 2 of the 4 springs break and separate after paying 1300, not convincing me to buy it again. i have had alot of rough country lifts and always been satisified. i have never tried ome, id like to but being on a college budget rough country is a descent lift for now on a cheep jeep that will be used about 10x a month. dont try to bash a lift that works for some people. not everyone has that kind of money to spend on a lift that wont be used all the time....
Thats what I'm trying to get across. Don't buy a kit. You don't need a $1300 kit. You can buy 4 BDS or OME springs at $100/each. Buy the other stuff you need and you can have a top shelf suspension for $600. tops. With a part time job in Lima, you could have that extra $200 in a week. I understand what a college budget is. I was there. But it doesn't make sense to spend $400 on a kit now, knowing you have plans to replace it with better stuff later. When you could go straight to the better stuff for an extra $200. Even if it takes a month to get the extra money, you will be way ahead in the long run. The thing with RC lifts for the YJ, is that they have nothing to offer over any of the other brands except price. Thats it. Its cheap. Its not that RC fits an intended purpose or the specs are perfect for this build, or they make some special parts. They are at a price point that no one else can match while still offering a reliable product. Thats why they exist.

I'm just trying to prevent you from making the same costly mistakes that I did. Hind sight is 20/20, and if I knew then what I know now, I would have been better off.

My BUDGET York OBA Install
Budget Welding Cart
Carling Contura Switch Panel

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
I like my rough country springs too, even tho everyone and their mother on here bashes them.

I think people who have exactly zero experience with them bash them because they see others and want to be cool.

Not saying their great but they are inexpensive and get the job done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GromMudder757 View Post
i have rough country 4" kit on mine and im a broke kid! My buddy jeff at rough country gave me a killer deal on it! They have great customer satisfaction and quality parts. My jeep rides so much better than stock, and I dont know why people bash them. I love them

Zak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbear View Post
I agree with you. I think most talk out of thier a-hole because thier mouth knows better. they know nothing about these springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshepler217 View Post
dont try to bash a lift that works for some people.
From my readings, the people that bash the rough country lifts on here are people that have had them and had really bad experiences. RC better have good customer service....someone needs to deal with all their product issues. And to be clear my only experience with them is the hundreds of people on JF that have first hand issues with them.

Getting defensive and going on the attack just because you have the product does not change peoples minds....you need thicker skin. If you want to help RC change peoples minds... simply say good things about it when the opportunity arises.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
RustedWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Lots of people get away with a 4" lift with a tcase drop and don't have vibrations and don't do the SYE. Other people get some vibration and must do the SYE to cure it.

I had about 5.5" of lift and was still ok and vibration free. I did the SYE and driveshaft because I wanted a stronger drive shaft and wanted to keep the fluid in the tcase if there was a break.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.