Slider window/frame identification - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Slider window/frame identification

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
kenh
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Slider window/frame identification

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help with this, but it's worth a shot. My jeep has what initially appears to be just soft top windows with a hard top, but on closer inspection it doesn't appear that the skins were made for the frame as they don't really fit at all on the bottom, and it looks like the frames have weld marks on them.

What I'm wondering is what are the chances I can order some rounded corner TJ skins and they'll fit on these frames? Thanks!

kenh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
wlo2000
2006 LJ Wrangler 

They are a different style. I had those on my YJ with a besttop and the two didnt match either. I dont know if a tj will fit but they make the correct yj windows aswell.
wlo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
kenh
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Are you saying they make YJ skins with rounded corners that would possibly fit these frames? Or just in general? I think I've seen some that were super expensive, where the TJ ones are only ~ $150.
kenh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
wlo2000
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenh
Are you saying they make YJ skins with rounded corners that would possibly fit these frames? Or just in general? I think I've seen some that were super expensive, where the TJ ones are only ~ $150.
Yes, they do make them. And when I looked, I believe they were around the same price online. You can't just buy the skin though, you need the upper window frame as well.
wlo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.