Skyjacker lift update - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skyjacker lift update

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 07-29-2002, 06:52 AM   #1
battlestar

Skyjacker lift update

I bad mouthed them two weeks ago becuase of the religious stuff they put in their kit, but I have to say that I do like the kit. The ride is a huge improvement over what I had before. When I bought the jeep it had some sort of rigged up lift, so I don't know what a stock yj is supposed to ride like so I can't compare it to that.

One thing I noticed though is that there is a little bit of oversteer/understeer. Is this common to lifted vehicles? Is it an alignment issue?

Unread 07-29-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
St.LJustin

An alignment could help your problems. It is usually recomemded after a lift of 3.5 or more. Did you install a dropped pitman arm. If so, then the steering would probably need an alignment. If you didn't, then I would recommend it. Skyjacker makes them too if you didn't get one.

Member #5 of the Black Jeep Club
St.LJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2002, 02:03 PM   #3
springfield45
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just did the 2 1/2 w rancho 9000's and love it great ride. will do a 1" body lift. Did some 4 wheelin a couple weeks ago was great even a shot comin off the top of a hill with one wheel off the ground, got about 5-6k on it and no sagging either.
springfield45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.