Skyjacker 6" Monolinear or 4" suspension lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skyjacker 6" Monolinear or 4" suspension lift

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:36 AM   #1
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Skyjacker 6" Monolinear or 4" suspension lift

OK first I'd like to apologize if this has already come up in a previous post, but I don't have time right now to go back & check it out.

What I want to know is, is the Monolinear 6" worth the extra $500 +- that it's gonna cost? I want to eventually do a spring over, and I don't know if in that situation, would a regular 4" or the 6" mono be better, or does it matter? Also, I considered the coils spring conversion which would be very cool, but I want to go really big later on, so leaf springs is the way to go for me I think.

Anybody have the Skyjacker 6"? If so, do you like it? Any disadvantages? I did think that if I did the 6", not only would I have to come up with another $500, I'd probably have to have a SYE w/ CV driveshaft. Not sure though.

Anyway thanks for the help
(By the way, I have a TJ now, but it's for sale and I'm planning out my 93-95 YJ)

Unread 02-25-2002, 07:00 AM   #2
jeepinarkansas
1982 CJ8 

look in the swap shop. I think someone is selling the monolinear lift at a god price.
jeepinarkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:46 AM   #3
SethNCSU

It might be best (and cheaper) just to do the spring over first, then down the road you could just buy some springs instead of buying the whole lift system. As far as the sye, anything over 3.5 inch lift should have a sye kit installed on it from what i have been told. If you did go w/ the 6 inch springs and the spring over, the driveshaft angle would be really steep, even with the sye, so I would really do some research into that. It might be ok for off road use only, but you would have some bad vibrations coming from the driveshaft on road.

Another thing is that if you did put a springover on and put lift springs on too, then the steering will def. have to be altered (drag link hits pass. spring), so a new axle or the more conversion would be necessary.

Depending on your situation, it might be best to go with soa, body lift, add-a-leafs or 2.5 inch lift springs. That would be some where around 10 or 11 inches of lift! If you are daring and the jeep didn't ride too bad, you could always do shackle lift and even lift blocks, but I def. wouldn't recommend much lift w/ either of those.

Hope this helps, just do some research into it before you jump in and lose a lot of money.
SethNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2002, 01:34 PM   #4
SFAJeeper

I don't own the 6" Skyjacker lift but it does come with a lot of extra stuff. I am not sure if you want to pay the money for stuff you dont want like the tow shackles. I am sure that it is probably a great lift but for the same price you could do a great SOA conversion. I am also willing to bet that you will need a SYE kit for either lift. If you are looking to spend that much money and really want to go big, then I would go with a good spring-over.

Just my 2 cents worth!

92 YJ 33" MTR's 2.5" lift
shackles and more junk.
Somebody buy me a lift!
SFAJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2002, 08:43 PM   #5
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I don't know the sort of trails you do, so keep in mind where I'm coming from. Annually, I run a trail like the Rubicon or Dusy. We spend five days on the trail. For the Rubicon, that's a lot, you could easily do the trail in two days. The Dusy could be done in two days, but certainly not as easily. In any case, these are long trails and the tow rig is many miles away. So when you're doing trails like this, you have to not only look at performance and durability, you have to look at your ability to repair things. A monoloeaf really falls short in this area. I have on at least 3 different occasions seen main leafs break. Repairing them is simply a matter of fixing them to the remaining springs using whatever is available. With a monoleaf, you're in for a long walk to buy another spring. I'd rather you didn't ride with me on trails that go deep into the wilderness if you're running silly gimmicks like this. Harsh, I know. Like I said, consider where I'm coming from. The likelyhood of any spring breaking is slim. But the fact is, it happens.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.