Skid plate bolt question.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skid plate bolt question..

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
cgseanp

Skid plate bolt question..

My Jeep has the tcase drop kit installed and i also have a cv rear ds and sye so i am removing the drop... Question is, how long are the bolts supposed to be without the drop? Are they the same bolts? I figured they'd be longer since there are the 1 inch spacers between them. I attempted to put the bolts back without the spacers and they go until there is about 1/8 inch left and then stop.. I could probably crank them down but want to make sure they aren't too big... The bolts i have are approx 2 inch long. Thanks!

cgseanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The are not the original bolts. They are likely longer, and you are probably bottoming out the shoulder.

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

They are longer bolts. 1" longer approx. So you'll need to get shorter ones by at least a half inch.
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The overall length of the bolt isn't the issue.

If the bolts look like this then they should be OK. (Threaded all the way to the head of the bolt.)

If the bolts look like this (not threaded all the way) then they may not work. The unthreaded portion may be bottoming out on the nutsert in the frame before the skid plate is tight against the frame..
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
coupleofjeeps
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I used the same ones when I removed mine, so they may work. Pull one and look and the threads/length first.

HIS - 92YJ - mildly built - oh the places we'll go...
HERS - 2002 WJ Overland
coupleofjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.