Sit down for story time: - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Sit down for story time:

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-20-2002, 05:10 PM   #1
89YJWrangler

Sit down for story time:

Im sitting in algebra class, and the class is about over and so I start talking to one of my friends. Somehow, the subject of Toyota trucks pops up. I said: "You know, Id rather have a chevy, you know, because it seems more rugged then a Toyota, and I like the looks of them better." Well, Sean (who owns a toyota) turns around and says "oh yea, Jeeps suck, why anyone would want to own a Jeep is beyond me because they suck so much. Anything is better then a Jeep." My response was simply: "If you say so" because I knew no single person could ever scratch the shiny reputation of jeeps.

Well, a week goes by and Saturday morning I decide to do some light offroading. I gather up a bunch of friends and Sean came too. He didn't even take his truck because he didnt want to risk it. The whole day goes by and everything is going great, only very light occurances of people getting stuck. Sean repeatly says: "You go ahead Taylor, you have the lowest ground clearest so you'll be the one to get stuck first. But dont worry, we'll pull you out." We get back to the main trail where Sean left his truck, when he tells us, "Hey, I'll just go offroading for an hour, my parents will never notice."

We end up going on this road called mountain road extension. It was all washed out because of the winter and he goes first because his truck "is completly badass" and "will never get stuck" we come to a small stream, about 20 feet wide. we prod the water to find it was only about a foot or so deep. so Sean confidently starts to cross the steam when all of a sudden, he bottoms out on a big rock, lurchs forward, and buries his truck above the hood half in mud half in water. The masses stood around with jaws hanging. The muffler is completly submerged and he gets out of the car, near the point of tears. "Guys, help me, my parents are going to kill me if they find out, Come on, someone help me."

Everyone stood around staring at the truck bubbling underwater, like the inexperianced teenagers they were. One of them actually tried pushing it out from behind, by himself, obviously, no dice. Just then he says, hold on I'm gonna shut off my truck. After a long debate, I convince him that if he shuts off his truck, the water will seap in the exhaust and he'll get water damage and his parents would be sure to find out about that. And I'm very proud to say that my best friend, Amy, was getting more hands-on with trying to get the truck out then most of the guys.
I jump in my Jeep, drive all the way across town to get to the other side of the trail. Another kid in a Ford Ranger with 33's and a 3 inch lift followed me. The trail was not very friendly, and needless to say the Ford couldnt keep up with me, even though at the time I had no lift and 30" BFG tires. I arrived to the same panicked group desperatly trying to push the truck out. I back up just to the muds edge. I jump in the mud, hook up my tow strap, hook up the towstrap to my jeep, and jump in. Everyone said, "No way man, your Jeep wont do it, its too small." I slammed the door in retaliation, put it in first and gave it a good yank. The truck jolted forward an inch. 3 Tugs and he was free. The masses cried, yelled, applauded, the Jeep has saved the day.

The morale of the story is: Never underestimate the Jeep

PS: please share your stories, im in the mood to hear about them

3.5" suspension lift soon to be installed
89YJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2002, 05:18 PM   #2
Jeepguy3401

I have an awesome story I posted on here, but I don't know how to dig it up, and don't feel like re-typing it cause it took me a good 20 minutes before.
'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2002, 05:33 PM   #3
evilpsych

well DUH.. if you can get a jeep in there.. it can pretty well pull anything else out.. (provided its not up to its frame in clay-mud

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:11 PM   #4
89YJWrangler

Jeepguy: I think I found it: <a href="http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=002113" target="_blank">Click!</a> Theres an option between register and FAQ called search. It searchs the board
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I bet that made him shut the f**k up!
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2002, 09:32 AM   #6
BigDaddESean

here's a story. Eventhough I'm the idiot int he story, but it's all good. I got my jeep in November. Mine had a 3" lift and worn 31" BFG AT's. My buddy an I decide to go to this beach to take our Jeeps in the sand. Now, sand up here is real soft, compared to like FL where my old Cavalier drove no problem. So anyway, I keep tellin him "I'll be pullin that stock Cherokee out" and other stuff. We go out, and drive around for a little while. Then we stop to take some pics. I was turning around and I went to shift into second. I hit the clutch, the jeep stops, I hit second,spin the tires, and dug my grave. it was buied up the the frame. And of course my friend says "dude I ain't pulling you with my Jeep, I don't have hooks or anything" he is quite a baby about his truck. So eventually a Pathfinder comes along and pulls me out 1-2-3. Well, that's the story. I'm actually venturing over there in a couple of hours for the first time since then. But now I'm sporting some 33x12.50 General Grabber ST's. I think they're a little more sand friendly, and maybe this time I'll AIR DOWN!!!!!!!!! I have a cool pic of me stuck there. go to my page.

<a href="http://hometown.aol.com/goofy2k8" target="_blank">Sean's Jeep Page</a>
Unread 04-21-2002, 11:51 AM   #7
AllanAlxndr

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Jeepguy3401:
<strong>I have an awesome story I posted on here, but I don't know how to dig it up, and don't feel like re-typing it cause it took me a good 20 minutes before.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Here you go Jeepguy3401:
------------------------------------------------
Guess what? on Friday March 29th, the guys from Discount Tire that sold me my Mickeys, decided to take the 2 hours that you get to go to mass or whatever on Good Friday, and go wheeling. I was driving past this mudhole where alot of people get stuck, including me (5 or 6 times)on the way back from my friends house in Auburn, when I see these 2 guys, 1 was on top of the GMC Jimmy I believe, hailing me from the road. So I pulled in there, and these guys yell "who sent you here"? Anyway I pulled up to there Jimmy, and man is this thing ever stuck, high centered right in the midle of this huge puddle of standing water and mud(done that before )in there Jimmy with 31" Interco SuperSwampers. He said he was just going through one last time when he got stuck (the last time you're gonna do this trail always is the time you get stuck, I know). Anyway, I hooked up there strap to my Jeep and proceed to pull unstrap pull for a half hour, and I got 'em out. They're all the way out unstuck, I'm up at the road, and in comes the guy's brother in his Ford pickup truck, it looked more like a pre-runner type truck, a nice lift and all, but these Cooper tires that weren't suitable for mud. He got back there were they were at (did like 45 all the way back through these holes that I go like 10-15 mph through,lol ). Anyway he got back there and got stuck in the same hole they were in, lol. Anyway they got out there come-along out and revved his engine a bunch, and got unstuck. SO, after this the tire guys get back to there Jimmy and find there front right tire almost OFF the rim. Anyway they rode back in the big Ford thing. They got back to work with a few minutes to spare, with the 2 trucks and my Jeep soaked in mud! I assume that they got back and remounted the tire (I'm sure they know how, they're tire guys, lol)cause I went past the next day and the Jimmy was gone. Any way, I posted this little story because I was so excited, see, usualy after I go offroad, I either get stuck, or break something, not this time. I ESCAPED UNHARMED!
It was a really cool feeling, lol. Hope you enjoyed the story.
------------------------------------------------
Allan

*'90 Wrangler*
*4 Banger*
*6" of lift, (4" suspension, 2" body)*
*33" ATs on Outlaw II's*
*Pioneer DEH3500/CD deck*
*1800WATT Amp w/ Custom Box*
*2 - 8" Rockford Fosgate HEs*
*Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4' Firestik Antenna*

Member of Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
AllanAlxndr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #8
Alheim
1995 YJ Wrangler 

89YJWrangler, that's a sweet story!

How old are you, by the way?

Nice work! Make sure to convince him of Jeep's greatness.....
Alheim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2002, 05:09 PM   #9
89YJWrangler

Im 16
Unread 04-21-2002, 09:55 PM   #10
BigDaddESean

ok so i hit that spot again tonight. I didn't even get close to getting stuck. So I took the mile or so drive on the beach to the exit. just tearin booty down the beach, and I see police lights. I get closer, and I see a mid 90's Infinity Q45, with 17 or 18 inch chromes and 40 series RACING tires. He tried to get onto the beach,a nd was buried completely up to the frame. So one cop comes over to me and we sit and make fun of the mucking foron. Then I end up helping the cop with the Bronco who's tryin to get him out. I gave him my tow strap, he pulled the dude out and I was on my way again. Just thought I'd share other people's sheer stupidity.
Unread 04-22-2002, 03:36 PM   #11
BuMpYJ

before i got my first Jeep i wanted to go offroading with my buddy that had a yj so we went and i took my dads expedition (eddie bauer edition, fully loaded) and there was like some deep ridges you had to cross and i didnt make it with the expedition and my buddy with his Jeep was like i can try to pull you out but i cant guarantee anything. So we hooked the tow strap up and he gave it one yank in 1st gear and he pulled the 5600 lb expedition out and he told everyone how much his Jeep pulled out, and the torsion bar and the driverside running board broke so i guess my dad found out...thats my story it wasnt a very good one but it shows the power of the Jeep

[URL=www.misfitoffroad.com]Misfit Offroad[/URL]
BuMpYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2002, 03:46 PM   #12
Alheim
1995 YJ Wrangler 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by BigDaddESean:
<strong>ok so i hit that spot again tonight. I didn't even get close to getting stuck. So I took the mile or so drive on the beach to the exit. just tearin booty down the beach,</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey -

Where's that beach at? I'd like to go there someday!

What type of wheels do I need for it?
Unread 04-22-2002, 07:27 PM   #13
BigDaddESean

this one is on the ocean parkwayon Long Island, but there are a few spots on the island. u need to get a permit, it's $40. You have to take gear with u, or else u can get a fine. shovel, tow strap, jack board, portable toilet, fishing gear, yadda yadda yadda
Unread 04-22-2002, 08:11 PM   #14
Alheim
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Portable toilet? WTF?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.