Simple question: removing exhaust hanger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Simple question: removing exhaust hanger

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-01-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
kaffeene

Simple question: removing exhaust hanger

What is the best way (or only way) to remove the exhaust hanger from the black rubber insulator. There is that tappered end on the hanger that will slide in but can't slide out so easily. I could easily cut it off and pull the hanger out but I don't want to do that if possible. Just wondering if there was a trick to doing that.
I know this is probably silly or the answer is right in front of me. Thanks

Unread 05-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #2
mrgeoff

I always took the exhaust loose from engine, or if tou want to up grade, cut it up with saws all
Unread 05-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
RabiDaWise

Try PB Blaster or WD-40....those should slick it up enough.
Redneck Jeep Club Member #18
CSA Jeepers Association

'88 Wrangler Laredo, I6, Auto, 3" Body Lift, 33"x12.50" Destination MTs, Nutter'd w/ HEI, 32/36 Weber, LOTS more to come

"Ran into a chum with a bottle of rum and we wound up drinkin' all nite" Jimmy Buffet
RabiDaWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2005, 02:28 AM   #4
kaffeene

Well its not really removing the exhaust itself although I will have to do that from the beginning of the cat and back. But more for removing the hanger that holds the exhaust up and getting it to come out of the black rubber insulator without cutting. There is 2 that I will have to remove, one at the end of the muffler and one at the tail end.
Unread 05-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
kaffeene

Ok we can end this topic. I used liquid wrench and just pulled hard.. It accually popped right out. New Borla and highflow s.s. cat is on and has a bit more of a grumble.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.