Side view mirror bracket opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Side view mirror bracket opinions

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 08-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
bec
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Side view mirror bracket opinions

Just curious which relocation bracket seems to work well at a fair price?I finally pulled the doors off and would like a set of brackets. Thanks brian

bec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
bec
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody?
Unread 08-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
srdart67
2002 WJ 

I made my own and used an extra set of mirrors. They sit in the top door hinge. And only cost me about 60 bucks for the steel and the mirrors.
Unread 08-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
bec
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

don't remember where I got them, I think quadratec
mirror-bracket-lf.jpg   mirror-bracket-rt.jpg  

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How do those from quadratec work? I dont need the mirriors to be legal in PA but I like how those look. Do they just bolt over the stock hinges or do they replace the stock hinges? I like them because they look like it would be very easy to mount lights to.
Unread 08-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
bec
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the pics.not illegal in al. But I find myself looking for them when I want to switch lanes.looks like alot to chose from online just wanted to get some that people have had good success with.thanks again
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #8
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

They just use the same holes and go right over the windshield hinge. As far as seeing, the right side is hard to unless you use a mirror that sticks out further than stock, if use soft top upper doors forget seeing either at all.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 08-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #9
wellsnmj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I don't remember who someone took a set of mirrors from a full size p/u from the JY and placed them in the top door opening with a nut seemed a pretty cheap fix
My Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/mean-jeep-build-1218336/
wellsnmj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsnmj View Post
I don't remember who someone took a set of mirrors from a full size p/u from the JY and placed them in the top door opening with a nut seemed a pretty cheap fix
might work, but what if, for some stupid reason, you want to put your doors back on?

Unread 09-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #11
wellsnmj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

then I would say unscrew the nut remove mirror and re install doors
My Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/mean-jeep-build-1218336/
wellsnmj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #12
huntertim214

Quote:
don't remember where I got them, I think quadratec
I picked these up from quadratec, only like $30. But...I could not, on my 94, get those little torx screws to come out...as with EVERYTHING I do on the jeep, it aint so easy!! I broke the head off the first one of course, the next one just stripped out my bit....and I then I gave up. (and these had been treated with PB Blaster for a few days before hand, which is standard practice on everything for the old girl...) So I just went with the old "look over your shoulder" method all summer. I decided I'd go with motorcycle mirrors like a lot of guys do, just haven't done it yet, or the Dual Soft Door Mirror Sets from quadratec.
huntertim214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
mfalik
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuznick242 View Post
How do those from quadratec work? I dont need the mirriors to be legal in PA but I like how those look. Do they just bolt over the stock hinges or do they replace the stock hinges? I like them because they look like it would be very easy to mount lights to.
I had a set of these. They are mounted using the lower bolts of the windshield hinge, which are semi-easy to remove (and reinstall).

The brackets seemed to be of poor quality. The powder coating peeled off after 3-4 years, and brackets because pretty rusty.

If you want to have mirrors for when you take the doors off, here are some other options.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...rrors-1050836/

http://www.4x4xplor.com/doorless-mirror.html
2007 Mazda CX-7 (the new commuter car)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer (Rear Ended - TOTALED)
1998 VW Beetle (SOLD)
1988 Jeep Cherokee Limited - (SOLD)
mfalik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
jmmorgan82

I went the permanent route with CJ mirrors I found off of eBay.

jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #15
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have a set of those from Quadra. They work well with one major flaw. If you try to use any regular mirror and have any doors including soft doors you will be constantly having to re-adjust your mirrors. They sit at just the right level that when the door opens it hits the mirror. When I switch between hard top/doors and the soft top/doors I don't want to keep switching mirrors too.
I just ended up ignoring the passenger side and rely on the rear view and the drivers side.
I'm planning a light bar and I want to mount the mirror high enough to clear the door when it opens yet still have a decent field of view. If I ever get it done I'll post pics.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.