Side Mirrors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Side Mirrors

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-03-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
grantnps

Side Mirrors

I was thinking, when I take the top off, I take the doors off too, there is not really any blind spot at all, but the side mirrors are gone. IS this illegal? I didnt know since I havnt driven my jeep without the top of but a couple of times, sicne i just got it.

Thanks
grant

Unread 04-03-2002, 09:14 PM   #2
evilpsych

umm.. depends on the state that you're in.. i would have to say yes.. however I've done it here in California a lot and havent been bothered by either city police, sherriff, or CHP..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2002, 09:22 PM   #3
cjud4x4

Check with your DMV to see if it is legal or not in your state. If you must have side mirrors, then order mirror relocation brackets. I just ordered mine from Quadratec. Should be in next couple of days. They only cost like $30 for the pair.

"Get to Jeepin, or get out"
cjud4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

here in kentucky we ain't got no shoes and we sure as hell don't need no dam mir-ors no j/j I drive all the time w/o mine and no one's said ne thing. Even my parents don't say ne thing. Besides I could already get a ticket theoretically (sp?) for having tires that go past my fenders but its not like im gonna get stopped.

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.