Side Mirrors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Side Mirrors

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 04-03-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
grantnps

Side Mirrors

I was thinking, when I take the top off, I take the doors off too, there is not really any blind spot at all, but the side mirrors are gone. IS this illegal? I didnt know since I havnt driven my jeep without the top of but a couple of times, sicne i just got it.

Thanks
grant

Unread 04-03-2002, 09:14 PM   #2
evilpsych

umm.. depends on the state that you're in.. i would have to say yes.. however I've done it here in California a lot and havent been bothered by either city police, sherriff, or CHP..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2002, 09:22 PM   #3
cjud4x4

Check with your DMV to see if it is legal or not in your state. If you must have side mirrors, then order mirror relocation brackets. I just ordered mine from Quadratec. Should be in next couple of days. They only cost like $30 for the pair.

"Get to Jeepin, or get out"
cjud4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

here in kentucky we ain't got no shoes and we sure as hell don't need no dam mir-ors no j/j I drive all the time w/o mine and no one's said ne thing. Even my parents don't say ne thing. Besides I could already get a ticket theoretically (sp?) for having tires that go past my fenders but its not like im gonna get stopped.

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.