Sick Of Being Cold!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Sick Of Being Cold!!!!!!!!!

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #16
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You may have air in your system. Jack up your jeep front or park uphill with engine running with radiator cap off to release any air. A stock heating should be significant enough. There is plenty of things you can try before you finally have to resort to using aftermarket heaters.

PrinothPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #17
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSTOF7 View Post
they look like the heaters in a school bus run off engine coolant
If you're in -50 temps, and you have the room to mount an auxilary heater between the seats, I wouldn't hesitate to splice into factory heater lines & go for it!

I certainly hope you have a hard top & full doors!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #18
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What temp does your gauge show?

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #19
marvinb
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I had the same problem today with my heat, heres what i did to correct it.. A couple weeks ago i flushed the radiator and heater core( i thought i got the heater core flushed) and changed thermostat and dumped in prestone 50/50.. today i took the jeep for inspection and on the way about froze.. what i did was i disconnected the heater core hoses and ran 1 to an empty jug ( trying to keep the hoses and core full of fluid) and the other held upright and blew air in the hose with compressed air. First time i hit the trigger on the air hose extremely dark rusty gunk came flyin out, so i hooked everything back up and took it a local car wash and used the pressure washer to finish cleaning the heater core out. You could use your own pressure washer if you have one, i did not. When using the pressure washer dont hit the trigger to blast with the wand just bump the trigger until all fluid coming through is clear. I used soap when i did mine and then used rinse... swap back and forth on your hoses to thoroughly clean the core.. when ur done reconnect hoses and top off fluid.. I did mine and the heat was great, wife actually made me turn the blower down
marvinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
WSTOF7
1992 YJ Wrangler 

it runs right around 200 iv got a hard top and doors theres no air in the cooling system at all. are there any aftermarket direct bolt in heaters? has anybody run an auxiliary heater that runs off coolant? not the 12v ciggarette lighter junk? thanks for all the feedback
WSTOF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #21
WSTOF7
1992 YJ Wrangler 

thats almost exactly the same thing i did today and i let clr sit in it for about 20 min too very little gunk came out i guess ill try flushing it again tomorow and if not ill get an auxiliary heater and find somewhere to mount it. anybody have any experience with adding another aftermarket or replacement heater with good results?
WSTOF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #22
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
it runs right around 200 iv got a hard top and doors theres no air in the cooling system at all. are there any aftermarket direct bolt in heaters? has anybody run an auxiliary heater that runs off coolant? not the 12v ciggarette lighter junk? thanks for all the feedback
Quote:
thats almost exactly the same thing i did today and i let clr sit in it for about 20 min too very little gunk came out i guess ill try flushing it again tomorow and if not ill get an auxiliary heater and find somewhere to mount it. anybody have any experience with adding another aftermarket or replacement heater with good results?
I know this thread is a couple of months old but I just got my hands on an aftermarket aux heater that runs off the coolant from a local club member that was parting out his rig. I tried replacing the core with a new one but it only helped slightly. The worst part of the install was getting the right location for the coolant hoses the first time. I have a 2" body lift so I ran the hoses out the transmission tunnel and spliced it in series with the stock heater with the aux being the first one fed with hot coolant. I put split loam over the hoses to add a bit of protection to them and only used the low and med settings of the fan since the high speed was almost double the currant (5amps) and not much more output than med was. Was also cheaper for a on-off-on switch at 15 bucks Vs 50+ for a off-on-on-on heater switch. I ran 12v from the battery to two relays and a switch running off IGN for power. Took a couple of hours to install and the time from cold to feeling heat has been cut in half. I'm using the aux for the main cabin heat and my stock one for the defrost. Works great and I only need to turn the aux on low for a few min before I have to turn it off because it's getting too hot. One of the best mods I've done so far and it only cost me about 40 bucks total for the install.

l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #23
Mark455SD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You're too late Snowdog...I think the OP froze to death.
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.