Show your anti wrap bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Show your anti wrap bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
ctopfabber
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Show your anti wrap bar

Show me some pics of your anti wrap bar on a yj with soa, either homemade or not I need some ideas

Unread 02-07-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

MORE TB.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Built traction bar.

Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
pacodelahoya
1987 YJ Wrangler 

check this one out, pretty good wite up. Probably be what I'll do.

http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/bambar/

Do they have AA for Jeeps?
pacodelahoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
probesport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
MORE TB.
Stop, you had me at Atlas
1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo 2.5l V6

I'll find you someday and when I do, you'll know its me.
probesport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #6
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I notice that most of you guys use ladder bars. Whats the advantage over a single bar setup? Or, conversely, besides additional cost, are there any disadvantages to a 4 link system?
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
WMiller13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i like the M.O.R.E. unit but not the fact of attaching it to the skid plate. Has anyone used a crossmember? How difficult was it to adapt the more for the crossmember. thanks.

waiting: 1" daystar BL and skid row engine skid.
WMiller13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMiller13 View Post
i like the M.O.R.E. unit but not the fact of attaching it to the skid plate. Has anyone used a crossmember? How difficult was it to adapt the more for the crossmember. thanks.
All I see in the pics above are a "custom/beefed up" skid plate for one and a crossmember for the other. Tomb Raider's is the crossmember/crossbar.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by probesport View Post
Stop, you had me at Atlas
I hate it when he does that

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
Swampwalker3
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I currently have a more bar but I'm giving it to the Girlfriend to put on her jeep since she needs one. I'm tired of it being ripped off.

I'm going to grab some DOM 3 heims and call it a day. It's pretty much going to consist of a bar like MOREs but with the bar connected to a custom cross member, no shackle. The rod will slid in and out of the "A" bar to allow flex but will keep the axle from wrapping.

Here's a pic to maybe better give you the idea.

Zane Neher
88 YJ. H.O. 4.0L/AW4/twin sticked d300/1 tons/38.5s.
Swampwalker3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
91yjwrangler6
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Joe's is done on the factory crossmember. I did mine the exact way that he did his. If you ask him im sure he would post up the pictures on how he did his. It's all just beefed up with a couple pieces of flat stock.
91 yj, 4.0, AX15, SOA, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 2.5 inch springs front, m.o.r.e shackle reversal, m.o.r.e shock hoops, 3 inch springs in rear, bilstein 5150's, shock bar, m.o.r.e traction bar, lockers, m.o.r.e high steer, SYE, old school bronco cv shaft, tube fenders, 36 inch tsl's
91yjwrangler6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
ctopfabber
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the info guy's,has anybody ever used the syle that attaches from the spring plate to the forward part of the leaf spring?
Unread 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
95greenrio
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampwalker3 View Post
I currently have a more bar but I'm giving it to the Girlfriend to put on her jeep since she needs one. I'm tired of it being ripped off.

I'm going to grab some DOM 3 heims and call it a day. It's pretty much going to consist of a bar like MOREs but with the bar connected to a custom cross member, no shackle. The rod will slid in and out of the "A" bar to allow flex but will keep the axle from wrapping.

Here's a pic to maybe better give you the idea.
heres a guy on pirate that did one like that. seems like a pretty good idea. the only probelem i could see is when all the stress is on that slip joint it might jack up the outer pipe unless its pretty thick.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hreadid=106421

Last edited by 95greenrio; 02-08-2008 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: forgot to put in the page
95greenrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #14
WMiller13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I see that his has a beef upd skid and tomb's with the custom one. MY main question was is it easy to adapt the more unit to run a crossmember similar to tombs. I think i can get the crossmember fabbed up but i dont think i know anyone who can fab up the whole thing. thanks.

waiting: 1" daystar BL and skid row engine skid.
WMiller13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMiller13 View Post
MY main question was is it easy to adapt the more unit to run a crossmember similar to tombs.
The more rear wheelbase the better with a MORE TB if you want it to be easier.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.