should i or should i not - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > should i or should i not

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
abbott407
1995 YJ Wrangler 

should i or should i not

ok my jeep has a 4 in suspention lift pro comp the PO that had it b4 me took out some leafs to make it ride better i am now noticing that the leafs are wearing some so should i put the leafs back in that they took out or should i just leave it alone they r not bad still have arch to them i dont care bout the smoothness of the ride its a yj

abbott407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Its your call
Unread 03-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok my my jeep has a 4 inch suspention lift that i put in to replace the junk that the PO put in and it rides real nice not like a yj on a junky pieced together setup like it had b4 but real smooth like I would expect from something built proper like I've done from the lessons i learned here on the forum cuz i do care like the guy before me said its ur call if you want it to ride nice jus sayin it doesn't have to ride harsh im not sure of the damage to ur springs so its hard to say if putting them back will help i think it will get worse/stiffer but u said you don't care.

Welcome to the forum, Abbott. Tons of info on here to help you decide how to proceed with your build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I am kinda partial to white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
That's racist, Chris.
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
abbott407
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the reply and yes i know it will be stiffer just tryin to save what i have
Unread 03-27-2014, 12:34 AM   #5
abbott407
1995 YJ Wrangler 

the pro comps are really stiff
Unread 03-27-2014, 02:31 AM   #6
abbott407
1995 YJ Wrangler 

where they took some out i guess what im sayin is that it has too much flex 4 me
Unread 03-27-2014, 02:35 AM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
Ok my my jeep has a 4 inch suspention lift that i put in to replace the junk that the PO put in and it rides real nice not like a yj on a junky pieced together setup like it had b4 but real smooth like I would expect from something built proper like I've done from the lessons i learned here on the forum cuz i do care like the guy before me said its ur call if you want it to ride nice jus sayin it doesn't have to ride harsh im not sure of the damage to ur springs so its hard to say if putting them back will help i think it will get worse/stiffer but u said you don't care.

Welcome to the forum, Abbott. Tons of info on here to help you decide how to proceed with your build.
Unread 03-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ouch, my head hurts now... Abbott407 welcome to the forum. Please try to put some punctuation in your threads... a period or comma would break up the monotony...

Regarding your springs, it wouldnt hurt to sdd the leafs... but then if you dont really care about the ride whats the point. As you say, you "dont care bout the smoothness of the ride its a yj"...

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #9
abbott407
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok thanks for the reply i may just leave them out. And let them wear out and put new ones under it.i do care bout the ride but either way i know it will still be bouncy. thats what i was refurring too. i have learned alot from these forums. dos and donts what would be some good recommendations for springs. it is my DD but i do take it off road some. nothing extreme though.
Unread 03-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott407 View Post
ok my jeep has a 4 in suspention lift pro comp the PO that had it b4 me took out some leafs to make it ride better i am now noticing that the leafs are wearing some so should i put the leafs back in that they took out or should i just leave it alone they r not bad still have arch to them i dont care bout the smoothness of the ride its a yj
I was kinda diggin' it! Nice and fluid. Good flow. Do your thang, abbott407!
whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #11
Dwarf
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah - who made you the grammar queen, jaycal?

Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #12
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf
Yeah - who made you the grammar queen, jaycal?
Simmer down dwarf... It was about punctuation not grammar, and I answered his question... A little constructive criticism never hurt anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #13
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

A YJ doesn't have to be a bucky horse of a ride.

Save up your money, let your existing springs die, then get a good set of RE, Zone, BDS or OME springs with quality shocks. When you're done, it'll feel like a completely different vehicle.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.