Shocks on stock YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shocks on stock YJ

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
KillZone47
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Shocks on stock YJ

I have a bone stock YJ. just use it to get around when its raining(motorcycle person) but i want to up get a lift some day.

Question: can i put a 2.5" lift SHOCKS on a stock leaf springs?
hoping it will help with ride comfort (old man emu )

KillZone47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'd imagine you could, but don't quote me on that.

Be careful, it's just as addicting as motorcycles. I started on bikes (well, anything with wheels and an engine between my crotch) and for 7 years was hooked on them, until my Jeep came along. Now I can't decide which I want to spend more on.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I would think it wouldn't be good, you may have issues with shock compressing too far and blowing the shock.
Stock replacement shocks are only $25 from chain part stores.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
brzehentmaier

1995 YJ Wrangler 

My suspension is pretty much stock as well. I went with skyjacker hydros and it increased the ride quality 100 fold. I love them, and for $35.00 a piece plus a rebate from Summit how can you go wrong.

Bernie
2.5 - Auto - Crager "D" Slots
A Work In Progress

2004 Liberty Columbia Pkg.
A new begining
brzehentmaier is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.