Shocks for OME lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shocks for OME lift

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
sbs1794

Shocks for OME lift

was wondering what shocks (other than OME, $$$), would fit a 2.5 OME lift with 5/8 inch shackles. Rancho 5000 series? seems a little short to me but would it fit? How about skyjacker there extended length is 4 inches longer than OME shocks, so they should fit, right? Any others?

sbs1794 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

First off Welcome to JeepForum, Please fill out your vehicle specs . It will help us help you out !

If you have OME Springs dont degrade them with Rancho's stiff *** shocks Your ride quality will suffer !

You bought the OME springs for Ride quality and Flexability dont be cheap and fork out the extra $ for some Bilestein 5100's , or OME's One reason high end shocks have a hefty price is because they are usually specfically valved for you vehicle and not a genetic one shock fits all valving.

Here's the specs for the Bilstein 5100 for your application :

46mm Monotube Shock Absorber
New Part Number: 24-064576
Old Part Number: F4-BE5-6457-H5

Setting: 5100 Series
Drive Type: 4WD
Position: Front
Descriptor: Front Lifted Height: 3-4"
*Collapsed Length (IN): 16.97
*Extended Length (IN): 28.44
*Collapsed Length (MM): 431.0
*Extended Length (MM): 722.5
Finish: Zinc plated
Reservoir: No

Part Number: 24-185660
Old Part Number: F4-BE5-6458-H5;F4-BE5-6458-H7

Position: Rear
Descriptor: Rear Lifted Height: 3-4"
*Collapsed Length (IN): 14.63
*Extended Length (IN): 23.68
*Collapsed Length (MM): 371.5
*Extended Length (MM): 601.5

You can take the Extended and Collapsed length of these shocks and find other shocks the same length also.
Unread 08-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
sbs1794

What about rubicon twin tube?
sbs1794 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
c_coops
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't vouch for their twin tubes, but I can say from first hand experience that the RE monotubes are awesome. They're firm but not harsh at all.
c_coops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
BIGJoe29
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
First off Welcome to JeepForum, Please fill out your vehicle specs . It will help us help you out !

If you have OME Springs dont degrade them with Rancho's stiff *** shocks Your ride quality will suffer !

You bought the OME springs for Ride quality and Flexability dont be cheap and fork out the extra $ for some Bilestein 5100's , or OME's One reason high end shocks have a hefty price is because they are usually specfically valved for you vehicle and not a genetic one shock fits all valving.

Here's the specs for the Bilstein 5100 for your application :

46mm Monotube Shock Absorber
New Part Number: 24-064576
Old Part Number: F4-BE5-6457-H5

Position: Front
Descriptor: Front Lifted Height: 3-4"
*Collapsed Length (IN): 16.97
*Extended Length (IN): 28.44
*Collapsed Length (MM): 431.0
*Extended Length (MM): 722.5
Finish: Zinc plated
Reservoir: No

Part Number: 24-185660
Old Part Number: F4-BE5-6458-H5;F4-BE5-6458-H7

Position: Rear
Descriptor: Rear Lifted Height: 3-4"
*Collapsed Length (IN): 14.63
*Extended Length (IN): 23.68
*Collapsed Length (MM): 371.5
*Extended Length (MM): 601.5

You can take the Extended and Collapsed length of these shocks and find other shocks the same length also.
i unfortunately got a rough country 2.5in lift(my dad was steadfast on buying the cheapest kit) will these bilsteins be too long because i want to improve my YJ's ride and drive it on dirt roads going at a decent speed and not urgently need to see a chiropractor right after haha.

if they dont fit, what other monotubes do you recommend that will fit for around the same price(under $90 each
2.5L w/ AX-5, NP231J w/ Rugged Ridge SYE and XJ front driveshaft, open D30 and D35 w/ 4.10 ratio, stock JK 18in wheels w/ Spydertrax 1.25in spacers and 32in toyo at, 2.5in RC lift with .5in shackles(BESRK), rear TJ flares. 8.8 rebuild soon
BIGJoe29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #6
jhumphrey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How about Rancho 9000's? Ive read good things about them and plan on putting them on when I put my OME 2.5 lift on....
jhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2.5 , lift , old man emu , ome , shocks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.