shocks no work... =( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > shocks no work... =(

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-19-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
wranglerswrock
1993 YJ Wrangler 

shocks no work... =(

hey guys, as most know i am rebuilding my rig because of an idiotic wreck. my shocks are really being stupid, they hit my rear axle tube, unless i flip them upside down. i did as much reasearch as possible but i only read mixed responses. they are the black diamond a/t's i got with my lift kit. i have shimmed my back end already for my sye, and i figured that would solve the shock problem as well... what should i do? or can i just leave them upside down?

and just for good measure, i was wondering if i did not have my rear differential yoke pointed just under my trans case instead of RIGHT at it, wil everything be ok on my sye?

thansk a ton guys!!

and i have done my reasearch on the shocks, didnt find anything. and i was just wonderin bout the other thing.

wranglerswrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
wranglerswrock
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I found my answer... posted about 5 minutes too early, sorry guys.
Unread 08-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I gotta know, what WAS the answer?
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy
I gotta know, what WAS the answer?
Up side down is alright if it is an oil shock. A gas shock rebounds to a certain point and needs to be in right side up.

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
flame0086 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
wranglerswrock
1993 YJ Wrangler 

hmmm... well my answer was, its pretty common that this happens, at least from what i have read. some people just let it dent the shock case and go on with life, but some people (like me) do nbot consider that an option. and from what i read is that its ok for shocks to go in upside down. i dont know if mine is gas or oil tho...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.