Shock Option - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shock Option

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 06-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
WRMJeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Shock Option

I have searched and read a little. But nothing specific to the question at hand. So here we go:

My current setup is a '93 YJ with a Rubicon Express 2.5" lift kit (springs shocks all included). Jeep rides good, didn't have any major issues with it. This is a street driven jeep with occational off road excursions. Also used to tow Jet ski.

I recently get my hands on a set of used Skyjacker Nitro shocks also for a 2.5" lift. I have read that the Nitro shocks are typically considered to be stiffer than standard hydro shocks. BUT I keep running through my mind if I should swap to the Nitros to see if they are better shocks.

Does anyone have input on which may be better? Any 1st hand experience with each?

WRMJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
WRMJeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

No one has any input? Do the skyjacker nitros run stiff?
WRMJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The skyjacker nitros are going to feel more stiff than the hydros by design. The gas adds significant stability in cornering etc. Is it worth it? I think so but yes, you can expect it to ride more stiff. The only time i would say they suck is if your on segmented concrete type highway or uneven asphalt thats been damaged by heavy trucks, they will beat you to friggin death on pavement like that. More expensive shocks valved correctly would ride real well but the generic white skyjacker type shocks are going to be a little stiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.