Shock Absorbers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shock Absorbers

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 01-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
dogf00d
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Shock Absorbers

Bought my Jeep a few years ago with a 4" suspension lift and a 2" body lift on it. I took off the body lift as I felt it was obnoxiously high haha. It's sitting on 33" tires right now with the 4" SL and it's about time I replace my shocks.

My only issue is that I'm stationed out in Hawaii and I won't be home for a couple months, but I recently shipped it back to California. With that being said, I don't have anyone who can measure the shocks for me, so I was wondering if you guys could 1) Offer a good brand of shocks and 2) let me know what size shocks I do need for my YJ as I'm trying to get parts shipped there to wait for me once I get home.

Much appreciated guys!

dogf00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
dogf00d
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bump.
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Where in California is it? Perhaps someone can measure it...
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have a set of 1 year old 4" Black diamond shocks for sale...... Middle of the road shocks. came off my 4" lift... Not the best but the price is right. $100 for all 4, plus S/H
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
dogf00d
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Where in California is it? Perhaps someone can measure it...
It's up in a small town called Magalia, or atleast it will be in a few days now I believe. Is it absolutely necessary, or is there some kind of generic measurement that can be applied to buying the shocks based off of the lift on it?
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

What are you running for Springs what brand?.
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You mean Dogtown? I remember an episode where Huell visited there.

You're best off to wait til you get to your jeep and measure them yourself. Any parts house would have them based on extended and compressed length and if you wanted to want a bit you could get some better shocks via the interweb. What lift do you have? Perhaps the manufacturer can send out another set of their shocks.
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
dogf00d
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
You mean Dogtown? I remember an episode where Huell visited there.

You're best off to wait til you get to your jeep and measure them yourself. Any parts house would have them based on extended and compressed length and if you wanted to want a bit you could get some better shocks via the interweb. What lift do you have? Perhaps the manufacturer can send out another set of their shocks.
Haha yeah Dogtown road is up there, speaking of which, you should check it out sometime. Hell of a road to drive on!

That's the issue. I didn't put the lift on, so I'm not sure as to what brand it is. I will look into it and see if I can get a hold of the previous owner to see if he remembers.
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
dogf00d
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
What are you running for Springs what brand?.
Seems that I have some research to do. I'll try to get in touch with the previous owner and find out what brand, or even better... is there a specific place that I can direct someone to look on the jeep/springs that will show what the brand is?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.