shackles turned inward with new lift - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > shackles turned inward with new lift

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #31
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix View Post
No offence taken. We live and we learn. This is a toy for me. I like learning the mechanics of a car on it. I havent even ever wheeled. I have no wheeling experience to build on. I dont know what I want yet. So i'm going super basic for now. Then when i'm good and ready I'll go out on trails and see what I really need/want to modify. The RC lift is a way for me to get started. Like I said. Live and learn.

Since your in maryland I would look into joining Baltimore 4 Wheelers, or Maryland Rock Raiders. They are both good clubs that are open to newbies they only go wheeling at legal venues also . They have monthly trail rides if you want to learn

Unread 09-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #32
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Since your in maryland I would look into joining Baltimore 4 Wheelers, or Maryland Rock Raiders. They are both good clubs that are open to newbies they only go wheeling at legal venues also . They have monthly trail rides if you want to learn
I'll definitely do that once the rig is ready. Probably by next summer. Thx for the info!
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #33
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Now we can see what you were talking about:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
JOExFROMxNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #34
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i am not looking at mine now, but doesn't it look like somebody welded an extension onto his frame?
Unread 09-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #35
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOExFROMxNY View Post
i am not looking at mine now, but doesn't it look like somebody welded an extension onto his frame?
Someone could have welded a new section on I believe the OP lives in the rust belt
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #36
1tuffyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix View Post
No offence taken. We live and we learn. This is a toy for me. I like learning the mechanics of a car on it. I havent even ever wheeled. I have no wheeling experience to build on. I dont know what I want yet. So i'm going super basic for now. Then when i'm good and ready I'll go out on trails and see what I really need/want to modify. The RC lift is a way for me to get started. Like I said. Live and learn.
welcome to our sport. maybe it will prove me wrong, i hope so. go out and enjoy your rig on the trails. that jeep will teach you alot.
Unread 09-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #37
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOExFROMxNY View Post
Interesting... I have no other frame to compare mine to so im curious to know the answer to that question...
Unread 09-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #38
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffyj View Post
welcome to our sport. maybe it will prove me wrong, i hope so. go out and enjoy your rig on the trails. that jeep will teach you alot.
Thanks man. Im really enjoying working on the rig for now but I can't wait to have it trail ready. Its hard tho, just when I think im getting close something new needs to be done. But that's the nature of the beast isn't it.
Unread 09-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope it looks stock to me just spray painted
Unread 09-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #40
USMC3531
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It looks like the entire end section has been added, including the cross tube. My stock 90YJ doesn't look anything like that. My stock rear shackle bolts go directly through the center of the frame, with no tabs below like your picture.
USMC3531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #41
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sorry I missed the frame mod too. It really shouldn't be a problem if the angle turned out better. I've included a pic from mine so the OP can see what you described going through the frame.
forumrunner_20110904_102250.jpg  
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #42
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here is yours:

here is mine with a RC 4" lift on my '88: (photo taken with tires on ground as normal)

Unread 09-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #43
USMC3531
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, I thought we were talking about the rear! I see your pitman arm now....duh. I'll go crawl under a rock.
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
It looks like the entire end section has been added, including the cross tube. My stock 90YJ doesn't look anything like that. My stock rear shackle bolts go directly through the center of the frame, with no tabs below like your picture.
yeah, my rear doesn't look anything like that either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
Oh yeah, I thought we were talking about the rear! I see your pitman arm now....duh. I'll go crawl under a rock.

Yeah man, you didn't remember seeing that cross tube anywhere on your jeep? It didn't look even slightly familiar? I would recognize one of them laying on the floor in a junkyard.
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #45
USMC3531
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'll never forget it now.....maybe cut off the rear end and add one there too!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.