shackles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > shackles

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 06-23-2001, 01:50 PM   #1
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

shackles

I bought a pair of shackles but they didn't come with directions. I need to know which end is up? the bar that connects the sides is closer to one end than the other.

Unread 06-23-2001, 06:21 PM   #2
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

Have the bigger gap toward the spring eyes. This will allow more movement of the spring during suspension action as the shackles will move. To put on the shackles put the jeep on jackstands (under the frame, with the axles hanging free) and then put a floor jack under the axle. You can then use the floor jack to raise or lower the spring eyes into the shackles.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2001, 10:54 PM   #3
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info...Also will I have to replace the bushings?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.