shackles - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > shackles

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #31
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred2 View Post
i just met this guy today whom i noticed had the jks sway bar disco's and he said they dont hold up very well and the pins tend to break and stuff. is this true.?

JKS has a standard (Quick) and a HD (Quicker), I had the Quicker Disco's on my TJ for 4 years of DD/ wheeling on the weekends, sometimes I did not disconnect and I never had 1 issue, The Quicker Disconnect is built stronger and better than the Standard Quick
disconect.

Standard Quick Disco :

HD Quicker Disco:

You'll need PN4100 for a YJ

Unread 08-12-2011, 01:26 AM   #32
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

save the money, just take the thing off already
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #33
R3V413
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I know after i do my head gasket, taking the sway bar and links off is the next thing on my list....
R3V413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #34
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred2 View Post
i just met this guy today whom i noticed had the jks sway bar disco's and he said they dont hold up very well and the pins tend to break and stuff. is this true.?
I've been running the quicker disconnects for a few years with no problems. You'll never notice anything negative with the track bars gone, but anyone that says you can't notice the sway bar missing is a fool. Cruising around town you don't really need it, but on the highway, and especially if you're going through an area with a lot of switch backs, you are going to want them. Well worth the price IMO, plus they are pretty easy to take on and off.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #35
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork
save the money, just take the thing off already
Waiting for my jeep to arrive from being shipped 3000 miles lol
She lets me ride her whenever i want. I buy her shiny things all the time. Give her a kiss and hug every morning and night. Think about her all day and dream about her at night. We have the perfect relationship. Me and my jeep that is.

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

Semper Fidelis
Jarred2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.