Shackle Bushings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shackle Bushings

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-07-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
89WhyJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Shackle Bushings

I picked up the Rough Country 1" boomerang shackles, and from all appearances I'm happy. Now I need bushings. What do you guys recommend? The RC shackles aren't greasable, but since I don't do any serious wheeling, that's not an issue. I've looked at the energy suspension poly bushing kit. However, the description doesn't say how many shackles can be upgraded with one kit (ie.: how many bushings are included). I'd like to keep the price down, since everytime I go under the jeep I come out with something else that needs replacing.

89WhyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
grnsanddemon
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I helped a buddy replace his bushings on some RC booms and we used stock rubber bushings for NAPA. These were for the frame end( 2 piece bushing). The stock bushing were a little long so we cut them off about a 1/4". I think stock bushing all the way around(8 total) were around $25.
grnsanddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Stryker777

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just replaced mine with booms and some rubber bushings. I do have greasable shackles though. The rubber ones may seem too long but they are not unless they are not the right bushing. They should be compressed. I went with the rubber because it was what I could afford right now. I will be upgrading when they are ready to be replaced again. My sets were two shackles worth of bushings (8 bushings).

In GOD we trust. It's a Jesus thing.
Stryker777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.