September YJOTM winner is: jsawduste! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > September YJOTM winner is: jsawduste!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

September YJOTM winner is: jsawduste!

The time has come and the votes are in, jsawduste is the winner! And as a prize he won a $50 gift card to 4wheelparts. Being the generous man that he is, he would rather see the contribution go to one of the remaining runners up. After a few brief discussions, he chose Louie4 as the best person for the prize and just automatically got my vote for YJ of the YEAR!

If you missed the poll, here is a recap of why he won this month:

This YJ was a ground up build. That is no specific donor vehicle was used to to start with..Parts were secured based on need, condition and availability.. For the example the tub came from rust free Arizona. The frame from Georgia and so on.

List or parts/modifications.
1. Engine
Started out as a 93 4.0. Features a 4.2 12 cwt crank. Eagle rods. Custom zero deck pistons from Diamond Racing that give a static compression or 10.3:1. Hesco 270/480 can advanced 4*. Ported head with stock size valves and Chevy valve springs. Roller Rockers from Mopar. 24 lb injectors fed by an adjustable fuel pressure gauge. Edebrock header into a stainless steel exhaust..DUI ignition system. Hi flow water pump and three row radiator. Fed with a high volume oil pump and Brad Penn oil. Fully balanced and blue printed.

2. Transmission and transfercase.
Center-force dual friction clutch drives an NV4500HD from a Dodge diesel pickup. Transmission is coupled to an Atlas II with 3.8 gears. Flat belly skid and also an engine skid plate that extends up to the harmonic balancer.

3. Axles
Front axle is a HP44 from a 78 3/4 ton Ford. Narrowed and the C`s rotated to correct for caster angle. Superior shafts are drive by a Detroit Locker and 5.13 gears. Hi steer with Reid Racing knuckles and NWF 4 bolt arms. LPW Girdle.

Rear axle is an 8.8 with Mark Williams billet main caps. Held in place with ARP studs. Ratech crush sleeve kit. A Detroit Locker and 5.13`s. Moser 31 spline chromo shafts and Ford 9 inch outer bearings. Ford SVO backing plates and disc/parking brake system. Full TNT truss. LPW girdle.

37 x 15 MT/R`s for street mounted on 10" beadlock wheels. 37 Maxxis CC`s also mounted on 10" Beadlocks for off-road.

4. Suspension
Custom Alcan SOA Zero lift springs. Front axle pushed out 3 inches. Same for the rear. Bilstein 5150 shocks on each corner. Greaseable shackles. Custom traction bar eliminates axle wrap. Currie Anti Rock Sway bar.

5. Body
Complete Speedliner bed coating 360* on tub, hood fenders etc.. Color tinted with blue with black accents. Satin gloss mixed into mixture to add some shine. TNT Crusher corners, sliders and front fenders.
Custom front and rear bumpers with a winch mounts and various accessory mounts.

6. Interior
Custom dash and Autometer gauge package. Full cage tied into the frame. LED lighting. MasterCraft seats with 5 point harnesses. Undien CB, Alpine, Polk handle the entertainment. Garmin 76CSX GPS tells me where to go.

7. Misc
Kilby On Board Air system. Full PSC ram assist steering system with cooler. Full hydroboost with an externally adjustable brake proportioning valve.Complete rewire from headlight to taillight. New connectors, wiring and the electrical architecture has changed dramatically from the factory.. Twin Optima Yellow tops powered by a 180 amp alternator. Warn 9500 winch. Piaa lighting x 4. Roundeyes conversion headlights with a 55w/130w rating. LED taillights.

8. Pictures

Unread 09-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats!

Now post some more pics
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you to all the JF folks who voted. Your vote is very much respected and appertained..

There were many EXCELLENT rigs to choose from. But being YJ owners, you know that !!

Again I appreciate your vote and wish you all "happy trails" for years to come.

Thanks again.

Not many can argue the effort Louie4 has put into supporting JF. He uses his YJ in ways many of us could only dream about. He has a storehouse of knowledge and is willing to share it.

Let`s give Louie4 a big thank you for all his help and guidance.
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
Congrats!

Now post some more pics
Thanks !!

Here is the trailer I made for expedition type trips, family camping etc.

Engine before I rewired the entire Jeep

Trailer and Jeep with the old wheels

Tongue is long so the trailer can go 90*

Fitted with the CC`s for off-roading.

Interior shot showing the MasterCraft seats and full cage

Enough of my Junk. Let`s go wheeling !!
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

When I grow up I want a Jeep just like yours!
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
GottaYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice work! Congrats!
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
Tikiman357
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice!!!!!!
Unread 10-01-2011, 03:13 AM   #8
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You have a great jeep!!!! Now, I'm going to go bury my head in the sand as yours kicked my jeeps ***.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 10-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #9
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Congratulations, nice jeep!
Unread 10-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

awsome rig, and congrats

love the trailer!
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
rmappelt
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Love it! It seems very close to how I would like to do mine (just probably not as big). I love the color and the lighter blue accents in the engine and interior. I had always wondered how that would look and now I know. Congrats!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-93-yj-build-slow-low-cog-1229470/"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]My build: OuraYJ[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Not many can argue the effort Louie4 has put into supporting JF. He uses his YJ in ways many of us could only dream about. He has a storehouse of knowledge and is willing to share it.

Let`s give Louie4 a big thank you for all his help and guidance.
jsawduste,

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it and hope I can help many others in the future (and receive help too!). Congratulations once again!

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #13
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post

Enough of my Junk. Let`s go wheeling !!
I was thinking just that!
Congrats! A very nice build. Lets see some action pics. That thing looks like it needs to be in Moab @ BFE!

Nice little trailer. Been thinking about building one very much like it.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=RockWoRM;That thing looks like it needs to be in Moab @ BFE! WRM [/QUOTE]

IF things go right I am hoping o have it JV come February. Might be able to catch the KOH week.

Been talking to Blaine and need to PM Joe and see if we can all met up.

Thanks for the kind words.

I tell you, your YJ really looks GOOD
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #15
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, and keep us posted on that. I've been wanting to go down there to KOH for a long time, but just never seem to get the time and all. I'm sure Joe will be posting up dates and such at a later time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.