September YJOTM VOTE NOW! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > September YJOTM VOTE NOW!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

View Poll Results: Pick the September yjotm winner
Budke 7 5.30%
JFranko 11 8.33%
RobertJ 16 12.12%
Dtn8tr 2 1.52%
jsawduste 47 35.61%
TeamHiRev 5 3.79%
Unii 10 7.58%
RockWoRM 18 13.64%
Louie4 8 6.06%
MRMARK 8 6.06%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 09-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

September YJOTM VOTE NOW!

Alright folks, here are your finalists in no particular order. If you submitted an entry, and do not see yours here, please check over the entry rules and submit next month. There weren't any contestants from last month that entered this month. The winner this month will recieve a $50 gift card to 4wheelparts. Anyways, Here ya go!

Budke

Specs/mods- 1992 4.0 auto. D30-d35, 3.07s, 31x12.5x15 super swamper tsl's for play tires, 235/75/15 falken high country for DD tires. Smittybilt xrc bumpers front and rear, smittybilt xrc8 winch, hella 500ff light in place of the stock fogs, smittybilt stereo security center console, ~7k miles on a fresh full rebuild on the trans with a transgo shift kit and high energy clutches with and the vent line has been rerouted. A lot of mods are in the works right now. An axle swap with a d44 and amc20 out of a wagoneer regeared to 4.11s, lockers front and rear, sye, 35's, and more to come.
What's special about my jeep? Well my jeep has always been with me through thick and thin, gets me where I need to be without any argument. It has never left me stranded even when I had to drive an hour home after the trans took a big drink of some muddy water. I did get stuck on the side of the road once, but all I needed was to take off the whole exhaust from the cat back(long story, ignition wire melted off, front of the cat was melted closed), and get a new ignition wire, 30 minutes later I was up and running. I can take it off road and beat the living hell out of it and it always does great and gets me back home. I honestly think my jeep likes it rough. Lol. My jeep is also a teacher. It breaks stuff just so I can learn how to fix it, and I love it when it does that! I can tell me and my jeep with have a long and happy relationship together.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````
JFranko
1992 Wrangler. 4.0L/NV3550/NP231sye

Mods include:
4.10 gears
2.5" lift
32" BFG KM1s
home built front bumper
Rear tire carrier
steering box skid
Olympic reversa-bars
Metalcloak front fenders and Xenon flares in the rear
One piece axle swap in the front with a powertrax
8.8 swap with and ARB in the rear
York OBA

What is special about my Jeep is that it was given to me by my dad when I was in the 8th grade. It was a father-son project that we worked on fixing up so I'd have a nice vehicle when I turned 16. It's still an ongoing project, and thankfully my dad is still there to help me out when I break things, or want to tackle a big project like the re-gear or axle swap. At this point, I've put enough money into my Jeep to just go out and buy a new one, but I don't think I'd have it any other way.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````
RobertJ

Specs/Mods: 1987 YJ, SOA on RE1445 Leafs, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's, 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Ruff Stuff diff covers, Home Made Posi Lock, Home Made quick disco fire extinguisher mount, GenRight 4" Aluminum front fenders, Genright 4" rear tube flares, GenRight Boulder Series front Bumper/Stinger, GenRight 3pc shorty hood louvers, GenRight Sliders w/side step, GenRight full corner guards w/TJ tire cut out, Alloy USA front Grande 30 kit, full pioneer sound system, Hunsaker seats, full stainless Magnaflow exhaust, 4.2l 258ci 6cyl with aluminum valve cover, Motorcraft ignition/Team Rush, rear CV shaft, RE Hack N' Tap SYE, Hella E-Code lights with Piaa Extreme White bulbs, Hella Comet 500 lights, Family Cage.

`````````````````````````````````````````
Dtn8tr

My YJ is a 1988 Sport that I bought last year as a bone stock unit sitting on 205’s with half doors a ripped up soft top. It now sits on 31x10.5x15 BFG AT’s with an Old Man Emu 2.5” lift and .75”lift boomerang shackles. The Carter was replaced with a Weber 38 DGES, Nuttered and Team Rushed. I removed the chrome tube bumper up front and installed front and rear bumpers from “The DirtWorx”. I then installed a Gorilla (ProMark Offroad) 8k winch. It has a new Bestop Supertop, factory hard top and bikini top with duster and windjammer. It has four 100watt lights on the light windshield mounted light bar. The carpeting was stripped out and I herculined the interior and installed a Bestop sound bar for audio with the JVC stereo that I installed. Future plans include a 4.0 head swap, an 8.8 rear, SYE, and a set of 33’s for the trips up to Gilbert , MN with my wife. I’m not looking to build a monster crawler or anything but more along the lines of a Jeep that I drive to work everyday during the summer, can drive to wherever I’m going to wheel and make it through what is put in front of me. And being in MN, I’m proud of the fact that it still has the factory paint job 23 years later and cleans up nice.

````````````````````````````````````````````
jsawduste

This YJ was a ground up build. That is no specific donor vehicle was used to to start with..Parts were secured based on need, condition and availability.. For the example the tub came from rust free Arizona. The frame from Georgia and so on.

List or parts/modifications.
1. Engine
Started out as a 93 4.0. Features a 4.2 12 cwt crank. Eagle rods. Custom zero deck pistons from Diamond Racing that give a static compression or 10.3:1. Hesco 270/480 can advanced 4*. Ported head with stock size valves and Chevy valve springs. Roller Rockers from Mopar. 24 lb injectors fed by an adjustable fuel pressure gauge. Edebrock header into a stainless steel exhaust..DUI ignition system. Hi flow water pump and three row radiator. Fed with a high volume oil pump and Brad Penn oil. Fully balanced and blue printed.

2. Transmission and transfercase.
Center-force dual friction clutch drives an NV4500HD from a Dodge diesel pickup. Transmission is coupled to an Atlas II with 3.8 gears. Flat belly skid and also an engine skid plate that extends up to the harmonic balancer.

3. Axles
Front axle is a HP44 from a 78 3/4 ton Ford. Narrowed and the C`s rotated to correct for caster angle. Superior shafts are drive by a Detroit Locker and 5.13 gears. Hi steer with Reid Racing knuckles and NWF 4 bolt arms. LPW Girdle.

Rear axle is an 8.8 with Mark Williams billet main caps. Held in place with ARP studs. Ratech crush sleeve kit. A Detroit Locker and 5.13`s. Moser 31 spline chromo shafts and Ford 9 inch outer bearings. Ford SVO backing plates and disc/parking brake system. Full TNT truss. LPW girdle.

37 x 15 MT/R`s for street mounted on 10" beadlock wheels. 37 Maxxis CC`s also mounted on 10" Beadlocks for off-road.

4. Suspension
Custom Alcan SOA Zero lift springs. Front axle pushed out 3 inches. Same for the rear. Bilstein 5150 shocks on each corner. Greaseable shackles. Custom traction bar eliminates axle wrap. Currie Anti Rock Sway bar.

5. Body
Complete Speedliner bed coating 360* on tub, hood fenders etc.. Color tinted with blue with black accents. Satin gloss mixed into mixture to add some shine. TNT Crusher corners, sliders and front fenders.
Custom front and rear bumpers with a winch mounts and various accessory mounts.

6. Interior
Custom dash and Autometer gauge package. Full cage tied into the frame. LED lighting. MasterCraft seats with 5 point harnesses. Undien CB, Alpine, Polk handle the entertainment. Garmin 76CSX GPS tells me where to go.

7. Misc
Kilby On Board Air system. Full PSC ram assist steering system with cooler. Full hydroboost with an externally adjustable brake proportioning valve.Complete rewire from headlight to taillight. New connectors, wiring and the electrical architecture has changed dramatically from the factory.. Twin Optima Yellow tops powered by a 180 amp alternator. Warn 9500 winch. Piaa lighting x 4. Roundeyes conversion headlights with a 55w/130w rating. LED taillights.

8. Pictures

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````
teamhirev
List of Specs: 1995 Jeep Sahara : My Jeep is special to me because this is the first Jeep Wrangler I have every owned. Even though my father owned plenty none where mine. He owned one specific Jeep that I really liked and it was a SOA YJ. I soon found out what I really wanted and found this Jeep from an owner who just let it sit for 6 years. I have done everything my self so I am proud to say this Jeep was built with my sweat blood and tears. 
Warrior Product Safari Rack
Hella 700F
Hella 500
RC 4” Lift
PA 2” Body Lift
33x12.5 R15 ProComp Xterrain
15x8 American Racing Baja Wheels
Cobra CB
Firestik CB antenna
K&N Intake
Things installed after pic
Warn 9.5ti
Warn Bull bar
Warn raised winch plate
Comp 4x4 Tire carrier
PIAA 520 Wind shield lights

Unread 09-24-2011, 01:17 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unii

1995 Wrangler
2.5l 5-speed
I got this jeep in highschool about 3 years ago, it had some 33's with a 3.5" fabtech lift with warn bumpers. Not knowing much about jeeps I just wanted a cool looking jeep but as time went by and getting into wheeling I started messing with it more and more. I do all the work on my jeep along with my grandpa who is a sheet metel fabricator so he has been teaching me all kinds of good skills over the years, and to this day we have built a ton of stuff for it.This is the one vehicle I've owned that I plan on never getting rid of, in ten years it'll still be in my garage on one tons, coilovers, with a v8. Here is a list of stuff that I can think of.
Stuff I've built-
Roof rack
Hitch rack
Interior rack
Bumpers
Rear truss
Roll cage
and a ton of little stuff like shift knobs and switch panels ect.
Exterior-
Smittybilt tube fenders
Smittybilt corner guards
Smittybilt sliders
Xrc-8 winch
Warn gas tank skid
2 Titanium KC slimlites
5 Hella 500ffs
Led rock lights
Drop down tailgate
Aluminum tailgate cover
Interior-
Mastercraft Seats
Custom cage with a few BTF pieces
Tuffy Overhead console
CD player and CB
VDP speaker boxes
Drivetrain, Axles, Suspension, Ect-
Jks 1" MML
Jks 1.25" BL
Fabtech 3.5"
1" Booms
HP30 4.88s, TJ axle, chromo outers, Aussie
31 Spline 8.8 disc brakes, 4.88s, truss,UCF diff cover, u-bolt skids
Rustys shocks
5-35" maxxis bighorns
5-15x10 ar767s

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````
RockWoRM

Ok, I'm entering the YJ of the month for the first time.
My Jeep YJ is a Black '92 w/hard top (when it's on) and hard doors. I also run a bikini top and Best Top fabric half doors.
Modification/specs as follows;
Engine: 4.0 fuel injected with MORE 1" motor mounts.
Suspension: BDS 5inch springs SUA with MORE 5/8" boomerang greasable shackles up front. 1" 'home brew' straight shackles made from 1/2" flat stock. MX6 adjustable shocks with MORE shock ext. front and rear. No trac bars and also have sway discos.
Axles: Ford 8.8 in rear with Superior R&P in 4.56 ratio with Detroit locker. Dana 30 front with PowerTrax No-slip locker, also geared to 4.56 with DanaSpicer R&P. '95 stock axle shafts with x760 u-joints. Pos-i-lok axle disconnect w/steel collar fork.
Steering: Chevy HD 1 Ton TRE Flip.
Transfer case: NP231 with Tera low 4-1 kit. Advance Adapters HD SYE. Rubicon Express CV drive-line.
Tranny: Stock AX15 5sp.
Tires and wheels: Goodyear 35x12.50 MTR's on 15x8 Eagle mags w/3.75" off set. Matching spare.
Armor: Home brew 2x6 rock sliders (tomkin style) mounted under rocker pannels and mounted to frame. Diff. guards F & R. Standard TC/tranny skid. SUA U-bolt skid plates front and rear. Home brew 4x6 rear bumper w/2" reciever and TKHFAB spare tire swing out.
Protecton: Poison Spyder weld-in front roll cage, alone with fac. rear family cage.
Body: 1" Teraflex body lift pucks. Chrome bezels. SS hood latches.
Recovery: Warn M-8000 winch with 100' blue steel synth winch line. Chrome tow hooks on front. Reciever tow hook in rear bumper. 48" Hi-lift jack mounted to rear swing out.
Interior: Pro-comp recliner driver side super seat. Tuffy console. Tuffy storage/speaker box's w/6x9 Alpine speakers mounted on rear fender wells. Pioneer CD stereo. Radio Shack 40 channel CB.
Miscellaneous: hand throttle. Rock lights mounted under rock sliders. ProComp 55watt halogen lights mounted on front bumper. Rear saddlebags mounted inbetween the roll bars for extra storage. 3 row all metal rad. Optima Yellow top battery.
I've owned 4 wheel drives all my life. From 4x4 trucks, to SUV's. My first 2 4x4's were Toyota Land Cruisers and I loved them to death. That is until I got my YJ! This '92 is the first Jeep I have ever owned, and I never thought anything could replace my affection for those TLC's. I can honestly say I love this Jeep! I bought it mostly stock about 10 years ago. Except for a pro-crap 4" lift kit, and the 15x8 eagle mags that are on it, everything else was added and it has been a trial and error build ever since then to get to where it is now. And as we all know... a continuing one at that! lol. Long live our YJs!!!
There are lots of great YJs here on Jeep Forum, so I hope you all like mine. I don't have any very recent pics to share, so I'll post what I've got and hope they'll do.
RockWoRM

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````
Louie4

This is my '93 YJ Sahara. I've owned it for more than 10 years and put over 302,000 miles on it. I wheel it hard and drive to all the trails. As of now I have a flexy (or worn) 3.5" Black Diamond suspension with Currie boomerang shackles front and rear. I installed an SYE with a Tom Woods rear driveshaft that's bolted to a Ford 8.8. I put 4.10 Yukon gears in my D30 to match the rear. I locked the front with a Lock-Right and the rear with an Aussie. For armor and recover I bought a used Warm M8000 winch that's bolted to an Impact Fabworks front bumper. I made some home brew rockers out of 1/4" x 4" x 4" galvanized steel angle. I put a Rough Country diff guard on the D30 that I won from a raffle and bought a SOLID cover for the 8.8. In the rear I have a donated Curt trailer hitch so I can tow or be recovered. To help clear the 33" x 10.5" BFG KM2's I installed a 1" Daystar body lift and TJ flares. To help cool the 4.0L on the trail I installed an electric Taurus fan. I've done other small mods over the years but those are the big ones. Hope you approve!

````````````````````````````````````````````````
mrmark

My Jeep was purchased stock with 31" tires just under 1 yr ago and ever since then I have ben upgrading and repairing.

About my Jeep:

94 YJ 2.5L, 4.0 Throttle body, dual 12" electric fans, Dual Red Tops, AX-5 5 spd, NP 231 w/ SYE, D30, D35 w/ Detroit Locker, 4.88's, 4" leaf & 2" shackle lifts, BFG 35X12.5X15 MK2 MT's, 15X10 flat black rock crawlers, XR8 Smittybuilt 8000lb winch, 3" tube bumpers front and rear, 3" nerf bar steps, hood mounted 48" high lift jack, 4 - 15,000lb pull points, OR-FAB Swing Away Tire and Jerry Can Carrier, 10 fog/driving lights (4-100W on the light bar, 2-55w side facing on light bar, 4-55w on the front ), bikini top, American flag wind stopper, bed lined interior, Jaz products Pro Stock Seats (weatherproof), ghetto head radio and sound bar, Great Solutions lok-n-store 68 qt camo storage box for tool/recovery equipment mounted to rear seat pins.

Unread 09-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
AaronJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

A vote for jsawduste based on the amount of real work done on his Jeep.
Unread 09-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

WHOA - I'm gunna have to give this some more thought. Sweet rigs everybody!
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

All a bunch of very nice rides, but had to vote for myself

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #6
Virjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A vote for Louie4 because it's a cool jeep and he's used the hell out of it. All nice rides, I'd be proud to own any of them!
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #7
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I votes for Rockworm. Nice rig !

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
Unread 09-24-2011, 05:22 AM   #8
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

You bet, all very nice rides.

To be honest, I`d vote for all of them but the poll would`nt let me do that. Not fair to vote for yourself. So let`s all meet for some wheeling, camping, wrenching and BSing around the campfire.
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #9
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
A vote for jsawduste based on the amount of real work done on his Jeep.
same.... if I see a really nice restored to stock rig it gets my vote, if i see a nice rig with a good amount of true work done but isnt cut apart, it gets the vote.

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #10
jcmooreusmc

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome Jeeps guys. jsawduste gets my vote. Nice rig man!! Hopefully I can get mine more trail worthy with some drivetrain upgrades and enter it in the near future. Good luck guys!
Unread 09-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking rigs, everybody.

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
Unread 09-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Going to have to try again next month

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
Unread 09-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #13
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
Going to have to try again next month
I missed the entry for it this month, never saw the post but haven't been online that much, need to try again too... tried many times on the ones b4 but never made the cut

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
Unread 09-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
kojak70
1989 YJ Wrangler 

All these rigs exhibit high amounts of "Jeep Pride". My vote goes to Louie4 because it reminds me of jeeps that I wheel with. Good luck to all!
Unread 09-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #15
jeep108
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Geez this is tough, all sweet rigs, i want to stay loyal to to the sahara club but then there's more than 1 or 2 guys that have thrown good advice my way......how the #@$! to decide?!? This'll take a little thought

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

[QUOTE=Opihi59;14523519]Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge. [/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.