September YJOTM Enter Now - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > September YJOTM Enter Now

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Closed Thread
Unread 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

September YJOTM Enter Now

Spring has sprung and summer is starting to simmer down as we embark onto this month's contest. I'll trust that the long days have yielded fruitful hours in the garage working on your yj's or afforded just a little more time for wheeling! Now is the time to show it off! We have a special prize for the winner: a $100 gift certificate to Metalcloak!! We are very fortunate to have them as a sponsor as we all know their products are just

Get the entries in by the 20th so we can have a proper contest again.

Rules for entry

Here are the rules:

The rules:
To enter into the Yj of the Month contest, you must adhere to a certain set of guidelines. These are set up to keep the contest within a reasonable format and provide the voters with a certain ease of use. Applicants must have 50 technical post and had been a member since the last calendar month respectively. Entries should follow this formatting:

-Username
-YJ year of production
-Specifications and modifications
-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be. (optional)
-Three pictures [IMG] tags embedded onto entry

Entries will be narrowed down by a secret panel of judges on here who have deemed themselves knowledgeable in the YJ spectrum. They will most likely be former winners themselves voted by the very guys entering in the first place. Winners of the contest cannot enter again for an entire calendar year but everyone is welcome to enter every month. For the time being, all entries should be sent to me via PM as to not lose track like entries sent in prior months that were eaten by the spam filter in the email account. If your entry is not selected, please review the formatting and double check the rules and try again next month.

If there are any more questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me with any concerns or suggestions. Some of the changes were due in part to the overwhelming amount of time it takes to put this together even with a set of judges to filter through the entries. Good luck to all!

And please add a "YJ" tag to the PM, it helps me sort through them for archival purposes. I don't like missing any entries throughout the month amidst the dozens of other PM's I receive. This is kinda important.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

For this month's contest, if you would like to include one picture (in photobucket [IMG] format) and one (singular) one minute video hosted on YouTube of the jeep in action (not a tutorial of you talking like youre selling it) instead of the three pictures, please keep the language clean and the videos open to mobile access as I do most of this contest on my IPhone.

Unread 09-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My jeep is not up and running to my liking so I will not be entering into this months contest, but can't wait to see the quality YJ's this month

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It just has to look good, Mark. The rules don't specify that it has to perform well, just look good on paper. I'm sure you can stretch the truth a scoche.
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

LOL, In my eyes it has to run right to be considered to by YJOTM quality as everyone else has put lot's of hard work in making their vehicles the best they can be.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i was going to enter but i want to wait so i can get som e action shots....

so not this month but next month i will hopefully
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...sting-1407740/

Quick link for those having trouble with pics. Not that there are any entries yet..
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
bigdhamYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'll have plenty of class time to revise that entry. Cool to see a sponsor up here again too!
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am planning on keeping mine out this month so people don't have to look at it again hahaha, unless we need it in there!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'll take all I can get!! It's up to the judges to decide who gets in every month, I'm just in it for the turnout.

If any of you guys don't think you can afford a lift to fit the bigger tires and keep up on the trail, remember you can install some cloaks and get some clearance while maintaining a lower center of gravity. Plus, they just look cool!! Fenders, sliders, bumpers and even shocks for the Yj are available at
http://www.metalcloak.com/Jeep-Wrang...Armor-s/30.htm
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I'll take all I can get!! It's up to the judges to decide who gets in every month, I'm just in it for the turnout.

If any of you guys don't think you can afford a lift to fit the bigger tires and keep up on the trail, remember you can install some cloaks and get some clearance while maintaining a lower center of gravity. Plus, they just look cool!! Fenders, sliders, bumpers and even shocks for the Yj are available at
You should be paid a commission from MetalCloak

their stuff makes me

EDIT: Entered, might as well
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the entry! And no, I don't get a commission from metalcloak, I even pay the same as everyone else. I just believe in a good product and Matson is kind enough to sponsor the contest so if little ol me can help make one sale for awesome products made in the USA, then I've done my civic duty and helped the economy more than our White House resident has in the last four years.

Excuse the run on sentence, it was meant to be ranted all in one breath! Now go buy some cloaks, lest you be labeled a communist.
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Thanks for the entry! And no, I don't get a commission from metalcloak, I even pay the same as everyone else. I just believe in a good product and Matson is kind enough to sponsor the contest so if little ol me can help make one sale for awesome products made in the USA, then I've done my civic duty and helped the economy more than our White House resident has in the last four years.

Excuse the run on sentence, it was meant to be ranted all in one breath! Now go buy some cloaks, lest you be labeled a communist.
I've been eyeing the overline tube fenders after I get my OME leaf springs I've got to go rob a bank then I'll pick up a set
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #13
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

entered! I won't lie I've already got an idea of what I wanna get and how I'm gonna finance the other parts of the bumper I want. is there a build my bumper option? there should be...
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #14
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Well, I think if you can afford the Metalcloak all around you can afford the lift as they both are $$$

Unread 09-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #15
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Im in, I got a few new pictures so I figured why not

Good luck everyone
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.