Separating the shifter boots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Separating the shifter boots

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
bhamdan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Separating the shifter boots

I need to separate the shifter boots in order to accommodate the 3" body lift from the previous owner until I can afford to replace it with a 1" and upgrade the springs.

My plan is to fabricate a new plate for the tranny hole, but I was wondering if anyone else has done this and how you went about separating the shifter boot into two or possibly using a setup from something else.

I have already heated up the tranny shifter and bent it to keep from hitting the body, but the tc shifter doesnt seem to have enough there if I try to bend it. I could always try.

Any ideas or suggestions?

bhamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
tequilamike
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I think there might be enough

Metal on the tcase shifter mount that you can cut some of it away and redrill the top holes to move it in tighter to the transmission.
Might be able to get as much as 3/4" maybe,
You can notch the tunnel a little to get some more clearance also.
tequilamike is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.