Seeking Advice: weird transmission problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Seeking Advice: weird transmission problem

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 04-28-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
Giantxc

Seeking Advice: weird transmission problem

The other day my 95 Wrangler (4 cyl) developed a sound that can best be compared to a bike with a stick between its wheels when in 5th gear. 1-4 and reverse all work fine with no unusual sounds. Now I don't know squat about auto repair but I asked a few people that do and they've never heard of such a problem. Any thoughts? I'm trying to do some research on what the problem may be before taking it in to the mechanic.
Thanks

Mike

Giantxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Birdawg

I have read a thread on this forum a while ago that was similar to this problem. You may want to try a search on the subject and I am shure some one will chime in here with the answer but... what I read is that there is a ?clip? that holds your fith gera wheel on that costs a couple of bucks. Any way it tends to come off and your fith gear does not stay engaged. Cost a lot to remove the transmission to get that little clip back on the gear. Don't take this as gospel, it just what I read a couple of months ago. Just something to think about.
Good luck.
Peter
Tops. 31" x 10 1/2" x 15" Coopers
Sumer Projects:2 1/2" Rubicon Express.(Done) New Metalic Paint.(Done)
31" Tires (Done), Bed Liner. Dome Light for Soft Top
[color=blue]Blue Jeep Member #15[/color]
Birdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.