Seats for my 95 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Seats for my 95 YJ

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Seats for my 95 YJ

I was thinking these:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/24222_0XX0_PG.htm

any thoughts, and/or better places to buy from? I noticed a few vendors on pirate have sales - haven't pm'd them yet, cause I'm in no immediate rush for seats. Right now the jeep is mainly a trail rig, but it's plated and have been driving round town with it (short distances - 20 miles or so). Will be also getting harness - that is the mains reason for getting new seats.

Here is the description, in case the link don't work:

The Moab Jeep® Seat was designed as a direct bolt-in to CJ and YJ Jeeps® but will work in any other vehicle with Corbeau custom brackets. For those of you who own Jeeps® and drive them off-road, you know how bad those stock seats can be. We took the stock Jeep® Seat, added harness slots, made the bolsters more aggressive, and with that came the Moab Jeep® Seat.

Now above it says as a direct bolt-in for the YJ, but when it's in my wish list, it states I need seat brackets ($94 a piece for those). So guess what I'm asking - I still need to save up for seat brackets as well, unless I can either fab, or have someone fab up brackets to mate the seat to the stock seat brackets?

92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Mark455SD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Not bad. It just doesn't look like a jeep seat..looks like something you would see in a honda civic.
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

A friend of mine bought a set of corvette seats to put in his audi, they have every support control on it and are extremely comfortable and about a 1/4 of the cost of those although corbeau's are nice. I plan on picking up a set of these corvette seats for mine at some point. But, it won't be for a while the frame and body are separated at the moment.

goodluck with what you do!
D30 w/yukon alloys, lock right, jb4x4 bracket, Rusty's HD tie rod 8.8w/ LSD,SOA xj rear 100" wheelbase, homemade greasable boomerang shackles, SS braided lines, 1" prothane body lift, 35" TrXus M/T, smitty built XRC.
lots of gen right armor and rear stinger.
crb577 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
jpdiso
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a set of Garage Pro seats from JC Whitney for about $250 for the pair. Pretty happy with them so far.
jpdiso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I bought the same seats in spice a few months back. The price is about right if it includes shipping.

You can buy them with the back adjuster on both sides or just one side, like I did. So that I can fit my console between the seats.

They sit a little higher than the stock seat, but not much. Direct, easy, bolt in. Good material, pretty thick. They look pretty darn good and it is easy to slide into them, unlike other seats with the high sides. I have a 4" lift with 33" tires, So sliding is how I get into my seat.

Martin

Edit: The holes on the head rest are for shoulder straps if you decide to go with them. Nice addition if i ever wanted to ride rocks.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

pasinbuy - did you have to buy the brackets or did the seats bolt directly to your stock YJ seat brackets?

Yeah will be getting harnesses (looking at the retractable corbeaus), in the near future as well. That's another thing - I didn't want to much side bolstering since I'm only 5'11" and have to jump up into the jeep since it's on 39.5s.
92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.