Seatbelt replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Seatbelt replacement

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-07-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
MichiganTJ

Seatbelt replacement

I just picked up a 1992 YJ and I noticed that the drivers side seatbelt is torn half way through. Where can I get a cheap replacement? Do I have to replace the whole assembly, or can I replace just the belt?

MichiganTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
red89yj

i got red tomb raider rubicon belts and stuck em in mine. if you wanna go that route, get the female ends too. all you need to do to install tj belts is take a dremmel tool and make a horizontal cut into the metal where there is a little hole. bolt the female ends to a bold thats on the hinge and ur golden. there is no benefit to having the TJ belts over the YJ belts... but i thought that a red jeep would look sweet with red belts, so i did it.

if you find yj belts, just buy the whole assembly. much faster and easier to find and install.
Unread 06-08-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
BeatAChevy289

Unless you know the belts came off a new Jeep (like the Rubicon where he got his) I would just buy the replacements. I got mud inside the housing of my passenger seatbelt which made it work about 80% of the time. That was enough to convice me to get a new one. I shelled out $70 for a new one with all the hardware from Turner 4wd (thejeep.com). It doesn't match the driver's side belt but whatever, who notices that anyway? Seat belts are nothing to mess around with, especially in a convertible that is usually more prone to have a rollover if its lifted. Later <><
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackyj95]Cardomain Site[/URL] (different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

www.quadratec.com also has replacement belts for I think $69 and I believe they have color options.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.